ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Week 6

Iowa D is crazy good. Still, risky move by Ferrntz to kneel out their last set of downs and punt it back with 40 seconds which was still a decent amount of time to get into long tying FG range. Why wouldn’t they just try a couple more safe runs on the chance that they pick up the first down and ice the game?

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
I don't really think that's true, I just think that Alabama and Georgia are probably a fair bit better than everyone else though even they could potentially be caught.

Rest of the country just looks blah. Pac-12 and ACC honestly don't look all that different from the MAC.

Big 12 looks sort of blah even at the top.

Big Ten's best 3-4 teams probably look about as good as anybody not named Alabama/Georgia.

Ohio State has looked great recently, but that Oregon game was just a weird one. You look at the summary of that game and you're like how the heck does a team lose when its QB throws for near 500 yards and doubles the opposing QB. But they just didn't execute on Oregon's side of the field when it mattered and came away with a bunch of punts/turnover on downs, meanwhile Oregon got every TDs on its 5 drives that mattered and came away with a 35-28 win.

I think Ohio State could knock off Georgia or Alabama.
I don’t think you watched Oregon-OSU; stats are indeed for losers, as the Ducks were toe to toe the whole game.

Iowa was getting smoked until the PSU QB got hurt! Anything can happen in college football 🏈
Smoked? Penn State scored 20 points total for the entire game. Maybe we have a different definition of what getting smoked means.

Iowa D is crazy good. Still, risky move by Ferrntz to kneel out their last set of downs and punt it back with 40 seconds which was still a decent amount of time to get into long tying FG range. Why wouldn’t they just try a couple more safe runs on the chance that they pick up the first down and ice the game?
Because PSU's QB was terrible and wasn't moving the offense. If Iowa runs there, they risk the chance of fumbling (remember NU vs. Notre Dame in '14?).

I don’t think you watched Oregon-OSU; stats are indeed for losers, as the Ducks were toe to toe the whole game.
Sure but doesn't change the fact that Ohio State's offense looked much more effective than its point total.

I watched one team score on 5 drives and punt from its own side of the field a bunch. I watched the other team score on 4 and punt/turnover on downs on the other team's side of the field.

Just felt like bad execution caught up with Ohio State in no man's land a bunch of times and they were out of FG range each of those times.

Doesn't change the fact that Ohio State lost, but that offense can be the most explosive in college football.

Smoked? Penn State scored 20 points total for the entire game. Maybe we have a different definition of what getting smoked means.
Somebody didn’t watch the game. I only turned on the last 5 minutes and Penn State’s backup QB was really bad. If Clifford hadn’t been hurt, PSU probably would have won easily.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
Nebraska has 37 yards rushing, halfway through the 2nd quarter. What a difference a week makes.

Reactions: Go Catz
Nebraska realizing they don’t get to play Northwestern every week. Man, our D is awful.

Looks amazing so far; 10/10, 2 TDs.

We'll see how the rest of this game goes, but that's a hot start.

A&M up 17-7 on Alabama for now.
31-17. It’s a real game.

KR TD is always a game-changer.

Nebraska just put up 22 points in the third quarter on Michigan. Maybe they are a bit dangerous to other teams as well. Rutgers will define our season and I'm pretty sure Fitz and the team know that.

Somebody didn’t watch the game. I only turned on the last 5 minutes and Penn State’s backup QB was really bad. If Clifford hadn’t been hurt, PSU probably would have won easily.
Probably true.

Hmm, MI can't stop Nebraska in the second half. Maybe I underestimated them. Or overestimated MI.

@#$% Irish tied it up. I wanted VT to go for 2 to make it a 9 point game, but they didn't, and of course ND scores and gets 2 pointer to tie

@#$% Irish tied it up. I wanted VT to go for 2 to make it a 9 point game, but they didn't, and of course ND scores and gets 2 pointer to tie
It’s the most obvious conversion call that no coach ever makes. Go for 2, put it out of reach. Miss it, and the opposition will kick to tie.

(Note: Tech failed on a conversion attempt late in the third quarter. Never go for two before the final ten minutes, unless you’re down a multiple of 8.)

Delay of game on the defense due to "disconcerting signals". Called twice in the A&M vs Bama game and once in the Nebraska vs Michigan game. Strange. I've never seen that call before.

Reactions: CatManTrue
Looks amazing so far; 10/10, 2 TDs.

We'll see how the rest of this game goes, but that's a hot start.

A&M up 17-7 on Alabama for now.
Great game by Calzada. He has a very strong arm and had a nice throw on the TD that tied it up. Now leading them down the field on the potential game winning drive.

Great game by Calzada. He has a very strong arm and had a nice throw on the TD that tied it up. Now leading them down the field on the potential game winning drive.
Looks like he's improved tremendously over the course of the past 5 games for A&M. They'll be dangerous against anybody if he play at this level.

Reactions: NU Houston
Alabama goes DOWN! Well done Aggies.

I turned off “The Last of the Mohicans” to check this upset out. Glad I did. Back to the movie. Daniel Day-Lewis and Michael Mann are calling me.

I hope Iowa is #1 when we knock them off.

I turned off “The Last of the Mohicans” to check this upset out. Glad I did. Back to the movie. Daniel Day-Lewis and Michael Mann are calling me.

Hard to believe that Iowa will now be ranked #2. 🤮

Georgia would almost certainly have to lose for Iowa to be #1 when Iowa plays NU.

Between now and then, UGA plays at home against undefeated but probably not that good Kentucky, then has a week off, then plays at Florida.

Fingers crossed.

Delay of game on the defense due to "disconcerting signals". Called twice in the A&M vs Bama game and once in the Nebraska vs Michigan game. Strange. I've never seen that call before.

Its a new point of emphasis for HS officials (and college I assume) this year.

Its a new point of emphasis for HS officials (and college I assume) this year.
In the Nebraska game, it appeared that it was called on their LB because he was clapping. Now that offenses are setting their snap counts on claps by the QB, players on defense are apparently no longer allowed to clap....

Reactions: CatManTrue
In the Nebraska game, it appeared that it was called on their LB because he was clapping. Now that offenses are setting their snap counts on claps by the QB, players on defense are apparently no longer allowed to clap....
That’s pretty weak.
The best quarterback in the history of the world just needed to yell Omaha and everything worked. You’re telling me Cade McNamara can’t scream CHARLESTON and call it a day?

That’s pretty weak.
The best quarterback in the history of the world just needed to yell Omaha and everything worked. You’re telling me Cade McNamara can’t scream CHARLESTON and call it a day?
You forgot a /s on this post (I hope).

Clapping presnap is a violation of rules and decency. That’s bush league and I’m glad they got penalized for it. Watching Frost have a temper tantrum over it was the highlight of the first half.

Reactions: phatcat
You forgot a /s on this post (I hope).

Clapping presnap is a violation of rules and decency. That’s bush league and I’m glad they got penalized for it. Watching Frost have a temper tantrum over it was the highlight of the first half.

Yup, that's why its a point of emphasis. Its bush league crap. I have seen it (more yelling "Hey!" by the LBs or DTs) for years as a HS official, and have been flagging it for years. Its probably much more an issue in HS than college, but I'm just guessing there.

That’s the Garden State official bird! It’s frequent to see two of them in flight at the same time, especially on the interstate, parkway, and turnpike.

I've seen them.

On the NJTP years ago, a tailgater was obnoxiously flashing his brights and waving for me emphatically to pull into the right lane. I was going a little over the speed limit already, so I flipped the guy off and chuckled. When he slowly passed me a few minutes later, the passenger was halfway out of the car red-faced, screaming obscenities, and double birding me. I laughed even harder. Then I saw the emblem on the trailer he was pulling...something about a mixed martial arts club or championship. By then I was in hysterics and it was driving these guys even crazier.

Then I checked my gas: 3/4 tank. Whew.

I've seen them.

On the NJTP years ago, a tailgater was obnoxiously flashing his brights and waving for me emphatically to pull into the right lane. I was going a little over the speed limit already, so I flipped the guy off and chuckled. When he slowly passed me a few minutes later, the passenger was halfway out of the car red-faced, screaming obscenities, and double birding me. I laughed even harder. Then I saw the emblem on the trailer he was pulling...something about a mixed martial arts club or championship. By then I was in hysterics and it was driving these guys even crazier.

Then I checked my gas: 3/4 tank. Whew.
As someone who lived in Jersey for many years, if you were only going a little over the speed limit you were granny driving. I had my BMW 335i at 105 mph coming home from the OBX with my Mom in the passenger seat and she said "why are people passing us Mark"?

Reactions: zanycat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT