ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Week 9

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Friday Fun Fact: Commodore Oliver Hazzard Perry wintered his fleet in the Erie PA Harbor during the war of 1812.

Week 9 kicked off with Troy (no word if Helen was watching) falling to #24 Coastal Carolina. I guess Troy didn’t have enough ships.

Tonight, Nevada bragging rights are on the line as UNLV goes to Reno to face the Nevada Wolfpack. Hold on to your bar stool, folks.

The Big One this week is 8 MSU hosting 6 UM. MSU is coming off a bye. One would figure this one to be a low-scoring affair, but only the gods know what will transpire.

20 Penn State goes to the Horseshoe in Columbus. I think PSU rebounds to put up a good fight against 5 OSU.

10 Ole Miss at 18 Auburn headlines SEC play.

Virginia goes to 25 BYU. I don't think Bronco Mendenhall will be cavalier about facing his former team. Should be a good game.

UCLA goes to Utah. Utah St hosts Hawaii. The population of Utah may double on Saturday.

North Carolina goes to South Bend.

Iowa goes to Wisconsin. This might end up 2-0. Or 38-35. Only the gods know.

Texas at 16 Baylor should be a good matchup.

Last edited:
Penn State with a wounded Tim Clifford is just not the same team as when he is a legit RPO threat.

Friday Fun Fact: Commodore Oliver Hazzard Perry wintered his fleet in the Erie PA Harbor during the war of 1812.

Week 9 kicked off with Troy (no word if Helen was watching) knocking off #24 Coastal Carolina.

Tonight, Nevada bragging rights are on the line as UNLV goes to Reno to face the Nevada Wolfpack. Hold on to your bar stool, folks.

The Big One this week is 8 MSU hosting 6 UM. MSU is coming off a bye. One would figure this one to be a low-scoring affair, but only the gods know what will transpire.

20 Penn State goes to the Horseshoe in Columbus. I think PSU rebounds to put up a good fight against 5 OSU.

Virginia goes to 25 BYU. I don't think Bronco Mendenhall will be cavalier about facing his former team. Should be a good game.

UCLA goes to Utah. Utah St hosts Hawaii. The population of Utah may double on Saturday.

Coastal beat Troy

Week 9 kicked off with Troy (no word if Helen was watching) knocking off #24 Coastal Carolina.

PSU could rebound a bunch and still fall far short of scaring the Bucks. Look for OSU to score early and often.

GOUNUII

Some good BT games this week! Party 🎉 time

So for Coastal Carolina was this the face that lunched a thousand ships, or at least 500 yards offense? Hungry, you have this backwards, as Coastal Carolina held off Troy.

Michigan one bad drop away from going up 14-0

FOX coverage is the worst. Sooo many commercials.

Iowa is really pretty bad.
Yeah no way they score 21 points on Wisc in 25 mins. Edit. On offense. If their D scores, that gives them a chance. I don't imagine Wisconsin doing an air-raid the rest of the way though

Halfway through his season at UCF, Bowser now has 7 rushing touchdowns.

This matches his total number of rushing touchdowns during his three seasons at NU. Wow.

UCF is up 35-0 on Temple.

FOX coverage is the worst. Sooo many commercials.
It's really terrible, for many reasons. They cut to long commercial breaks at any opportunity. Their approach is set under the assumption that the games will be nearly four hours in length. The NFL still keeps its games in the three hour long range, yet the college programs and conferences (and their network enablers) allows their games to stretch out over an additional hour.

Michigan looks like the better team but I'm counting on Harbag finding a way to lose.

I know we have fixated on the Cats’ disappointing year, but it looks like Indiana, after last year’s prominence, is going to lose to Maryland, drop to 2-6 with its only wins over Idaho and Western Kentucky. Ouch!

As biased as this FOX announcing crew was for Michigan last week, they are totally rooting for MSU this week.

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat
So our defense is nearly as good as Michigan’s, and just as good as Michigan State’s?

Both us and the Spartans gave up 33 to Michigan. And Michigan held MSU to one less point than we did.

It's never a bad day when Harbaugh loses a big showdown game.

ABC is so much better to watch than FOX. Decent announcers. No 20 minute commercial blocks every change of possession.

Anyone catch the end of the Clemson-FSU game? A lot of gamblers are unhappy right now.

Exciting finish in Houston between the Cougars and SMU Mustangs. SMU tied it at 37 with a long field goal with 30 seconds left. But Houston countered with a 102 yard kickoff return. But a celebration penalty pushed Houston’s kickoff back 15 yards, and the squib was brought back by SMU to the Cougar 35 with 7 seconds left. Tanner Mordecai (former NU recruit) threw the Hail Mary deep into the end zone, where it was caught—by Houston. 44-37 Cougs.

Exciting finish in Houston between the Cougars and SMU Mustangs. SMU tied it at 37 with a long field goal with 30 seconds left. But Houston countered with a 102 yard kickoff return. But a celebration penalty pushed Houston’s kickoff back 15 yards, and the squib was brought back by SMU to the Cougar 35 with 7 seconds left. Tanner Mordecai (former NU recruit) threw the Hail Mary deep into the end zone, where it was caught—by Houston. 44-37 Cougs.
With PSU-OSU on, I can't believe you watched that game.

Reactions: phatcat
Not good for the Bearcats.

Serves 'em right.
For gambling in general?

Or betting on FSU to cover as 9.5 underdogs, only for them to fumble near the goalline on a desperation play and have Clemson recover for a touchdown and a 10 point win?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT