ADVERTISEMENT

Our future home on the lake is taking shape

Our new home is taking shape. We will display a Rose Bowl trophy in there soon. Great things on the horizon for Wildcat fans.

I can't wait for the project to be complete!

By the way, how did Jango handle his first season? I figured it's a lot of weightlifting for most freshmen but I hope he enjoyed it

I can't wait for the project to be complete!

By the way, how did Jango handle his first season? I figured it's a lot of weightlifting for most freshmen but I hope he enjoyed it
He loved it. He really like his coaches and teammates. He has been working hard and is ready to play in 2017

I did a drive-by there last Saturday. The steel superstructure is in place adjacent to the existing aquatic center, on the east side now fronting the beach. The southern building cannot be far behind. These are huge steel I beams connected with welds and bolts.

It is not a fake. It is as real as the scars on my forehead from head butting my PC after reading Turk's posts.

I spent one week lounging on that beach during the student strike of Spring, 1970. I chose not to be on the barricades of Sheridan Road.

Reactions: iskaboo
LOL. Melting glaciers are the reason we have a lake, which is why we have a beach. And given the way the currents flow counterclockwise around Lake Michigan, you can make more beach by building a jetty wall or some other type of obstruction.

LOL. Melting glaciers are the reason we have a lake, which is why we have a beach. And given the way the currents flow counterclockwise around Lake Michigan, you can make more beach by building a jetty wall or some other type of obstruction.

The official term is "groin", something I learned from Professor John Hudson @ NU.

Why's that?

Let's think about that. Lake Michigan is 530 feet above sea level. There are no glaciers in Michigan or Wisconsin, and haven't been for about 11,000 years. So what "temperature change" is going to make any difference to the Lake Michigan shoreline, and how is it going to do it?

You probably don't want to delve into my academic credentials, BTW.

My comment was in regards to the encroaching construction (both current and likely future) as opposed to any global warming commentary. How many universities have such a beautiful beach?

Now the construction could indeed wreck NU's beach, what little is left of it.

What class year were you in? I was a grad student at NU during that.
What class year were you in? I was a grad student at NU during that.

Class of '72. Doobs were passed around during Rocky Miller's commencement address in McGaw Hall. We then had to pick up our diplomas at a concession stand under the West stands of Dyche. Ah, those were the days.

Class of '72. Doobs were passed around during Rocky Miller's commencement address in McGaw Hall. We then had to pick up our diplomas at a concession stand under the West stands of Dyche. Ah, those were the days.

I was in Medill in '69-'70. One of the guys I had classes with was among the leaders of the big '70 demonstration when they blocked Sheridan Road.

You, me and Jerry Brown were all there in McGaw Hall for that commencement address.

I was in Medill in '69-'70. One of the guys I had classes with was among the leaders of the big '70 demonstration when they blocked Sheridan Road.

Look familiar? Although I was in Japan during the big '70 demonstration (returning to campus that Fall) I was surprised to open a magazine there in Japan with photos of the demonstration which included NU students in it that I recognized:

IMG_4464_zpscpwlw3v0.jpg
eff00891-1725-48f3-8902-80ceec269936_zpscpezzi55.jpg

Upon my return to campus there were multiple student designed pass-fail courses added to the curriculum as a consequence of the new "student power" that had been infused into the University. I ended up joining one on the subject of Hawaiian history and culture which was mostly made up of students from the Islands, but being from the northern Hawaiian "Island" of Alaska, I somehow met the criteria.

Last edited:
Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT