ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Summitt

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
Summitt was awesome. I would have loved to see her coach a men's team. I have no doubt she could have succeeded. Good for her for fighting the good fight of women's basketball.

I keep looking for a good, meaty obituary, but nothing profiles Summitt like this '98 Sports Illustrated article. If you need a summer basketball hit, do yourself a favor a give this a read. It shows all sides of her including her pretty underrated nuttiness. The intro story of recruiting while going into labor is a gem.

Summitt was awesome. I would have loved to see her coach a men's team. I have no doubt she could have succeeded. Good for her for fighting the good fight of women's basketball.

I keep looking for a good, meaty obituary, but nothing profiles Summitt like this '98 Sports Illustrated article. If you need a summer basketball hit, do yourself a favor a give this a read. It shows all sides of her including her pretty underrated nuttiness. The intro story of recruiting while going into labor is a gem.

When offered the Tennessee men's team job, she said "what makes you think that would be a step up for me"? and turned it down. God bless her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT