ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Seems to me I saw a thread about Peacock a couple weeks ago. Anyone know what it is and how to get it, so as to watch the Iowa game?

Seems to me I saw a thread about Peacock a couple weeks ago. Anyone know what it is and how to get it, so as to watch the Iowa game?

It’s NBC’s streaming service, should be pretty simple to either add to your regular TV subscription or download to your smart TV.

If you have Xfinity, you should be able to get Peacock for free, or you can pay $6 for one month of it in order to watch the game this weekend.

Reactions: Bwm57
If you have Xfinity, you should be able to get Peacock for free, or you can pay $6 for one month of it in order to watch the game this weekend.
I do. But Peacock only works streaming or on a smart TV, correct? I have a 12 year old Sony screen. Guess it maybe time for a smart TV.

Just get it for a month--it's cheaper than a movie. But, don't you live near Wrigley?
And if six dollars seems unreasonable to watch the game, you can find promo codes to knock that down a little bit if you search online.

If you’d really rather invest some time to save a few bucks, and you have Xfinity, call customer service and beg to get a free Peacock subscription. But much easier to just pay six bucks for a month. Go cats.

I do. But Peacock only works streaming or on a smart TV, correct? I have a 12 year old Sony screen. Guess it maybe time for a smart TV.

You should most likely have access through your XFinity account. Use the voice command or search function for “Peacock,” it should automatically launch. You may have to create a separate account, but that’s how it works for me on XFinity.

Reactions: Bwm57
You should most likely have access through your XFinity account. Use the voice command or search function for “Peacock,” it should automatically launch. You may have to create a separate account, but that’s how it works for me on XFinity.
That's only if you have Xfinity for cable/streaming, though, correct? We have Xfinity for wi fi and received Peacock free for a year but now have to pay for it.

That's only if you have Xfinity for cable/streaming, though, correct? We have Xfinity for wi fi and received Peacock free for a year but now have to pay for it.
They reversed that I believe. At least they did for me. It went into paying after 1 year. A few weeks later it was free again.

Xfinity has been a little cagey about this. Peacock used to be free for all Xfinity customers. Then they only gave it free to certain Internet-only customers. That’s how I get it. Like I said, if you are a Xfinity customer, ask them to add it for free.

Peacock is an app. It's software to stream. So you need to have a way of having it installed on your TV or on a device connected to your TV.

A lot of smart tv's will allow you to install it on their native operating system or run a native operating system that is roku/google tv/fire tv that allows installing Peacock.

Alternatively, you can use a device connected to your TV. I use a firestick even if my main tv has a google tv operating system. Other devices available are roku, chromecast, google tv sticks... xfinity offers, I think, a device they call flex, that is basically their own version of a firestick/roku... i tried it and returned it, don't like it. But for your purposes, if you have some kind of xfinity box, it might have or allow to install peacock.

Peacock is an app. It's software to stream. So you need to have a way of having it installed on your TV or on a device connected to your TV.

A lot of smart tv's will allow you to install it on their native operating system or run a native operating system that is roku/google tv/fire tv that allows installing Peacock.

Alternatively, you can use a device connected to your TV. I use a firestick even if my main tv has a google tv operating system. Other devices available are roku, chromecast, google tv sticks... xfinity offers, I think, a device they call flex, that is basically their own version of a firestick/roku... i tried it and returned it, don't like it. But for your purposes, if you have some kind of xfinity box, it might have or allow to install peacock.
Thanks, I appear to have the App on my TV, however, I see NOTHING about the Iowa football game on it??

Thanks, I appear to have the App on my TV, however, I see NOTHING about the Iowa football game on it??
Go to the search box and type "Iowa". Scroll until you see the NU-IOWA game. Then you can click "My stuff" to save the game and make it easier to find on game day.

winner, winner chicken dinner.....you get all 6 seasons of Housewives of Miami with Peacock and Nero plays the fiddle while Rome burns

Reactions: stpaulcat
It’s NBC’s streaming service, should be pretty simple to either add to your regular TV subscription or download to your smart TV.

More fan abuse. I will be at the game but would like to have recorded it. And from what I understand, Peacock cannot even be recorded. I suppose it might be able to be replayed but... Maybe BTN will have a replay of the game in their 60 minute format but you still lose the nuance of what was happening

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
More fan abuse. I will be at the game but would like to have recorded it. And from what I understand, Peacock cannot even be recorded. I suppose it might be able to be replayed but... Maybe BTN will have a replay of the game in their 6- minute format but you still lose the nuance of what was happening
Iowa/Mich St game was on Peacock and BTN Network on the 60 minute version on later.

Iowa/Mich St game was on Peacock and BTN Network on the 60 minute version on later.
I think they eventually get most of the games. THat is the hope. But question if it was on just Peacock or on Peacock and NBC like some of the games are because that might be an issue

Any fellow cheapskates found a promo code that works for Peacock?

Last edited:
Any fellow cheapskates found a promo code that works for Peacock?
I just got it for about $6.50 per month including tax, and you can cancel anytime. There is some other good stuff on Peacock which I will probably watch, and a one month subscription takes you through the end of the football season. It's a pain in the ass and you need a SMART t.v., but it's worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: CatFanEd
It’s clear to me that no sports fans work in product development for any of these streaming services. These playback controls absolutely suck. At least with YouTube TV you can click forward in 15-second increments, so you know x number of clicks to bypass commercials. But even YouTube/Google manage to screw it up by (for example) showing the final scores on game tiles in your library and sending unsolicited score notifications.

So now that I know I have Peacock, I can get stuff like "Housewives of Miami." Great comfort TV as we head toward WWIII.

It’s clear to me that no sports fans work in product development for any of these streaming services. These playback controls absolutely suck. At least with YouTube TV you can click forward in 15-second increments, so you know x number of clicks to bypass commercials. But even YouTube/Google manage to screw it up by (for example) showing the final scores on game tiles in your library and sending unsolicited score notifications.
Is it true that peacock has no skip-back? I was trying to rewatch the final play and couldn’t figure how. Thought maybe it was my tv (sloooow feed).

I also lost a play right around the time the Iowa lineman got hurt near the sand. Had to exit the app and reenter, thankfully in time to see the punt (AND THE NORTHWESTERN SCORE!)

Peacock sucks big furry balls. I was a little behind and tried to fast forward through commercials, and because I couldn't fast forward like 10-30 seconds at a time, I was missing entire series. Then at the end it conked out and when I went back in, I couldn't watch the end, and there was no replay available yet.

Because I pay goddamn out the ass for cable TV, that’s why. Comcast can fuci itself
You can bet that all 18(?) teams will be on Peacock once next season, as Comcast bets on a ‘make ‘em sign in once and hope they forget’ approach to revenue growth.

The best business models are built on trickery and deception.

Reactions: cedricmelons
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT