ADVERTISEMENT

Photos of the Temporary Football Stadium

pschatz25

Nov 29, 2005
Now that commencement is in the rear view mirror I figured construction of the temporary football stadium would be getting started. Yesterday I took a spin by the Lakefill to check out out the site. They've already made a noticeable amount of progress. The goalposts have already been installed. The South stands are going up (first image). The existing West side (third image) is being at least somewhat dismantled (or reconfigured?). There's nothing is going on with the North stands yet. And on the East side (second image) there are some temporary sections of bleachers lining the sideline. I have to assume the finished East side will be nicer than this, but based on how they described it on that Zoom call it does make me wonder how much nicer it's going to get.

Rich (BB code):

Now that commencement is in the rear view mirror I figured construction of the temporary football stadium would be getting started. Yesterday I took a spin by the Lakefill to check out out the site. They've already made a noticeable amount of progress. The goalposts have already been installed. The South stands are going up (first image). The existing West side (third image) is being at least somewhat dismantled (or reconfigured?). There's nothing is going on with the North stands yet. And on the East side (second image) there are some temporary sections of bleachers lining the sideline. I have to assume the finished East side will be nicer than this, but based on how they described it on that Zoom call it does make me wonder how much nicer it's going to get.

East side isn't going to be built up so they can easily swap in the stage for all the concerts -- including a 2yr Taylor Swift residency that might bring one or two fans into the neighborhood...

Looks like NU fans will be able to do their equivalent of the Iowa hospital wave. Turn around and salute all the future titans of industry. Hoorah!

Reactions: NJCat

Rich (BB code):

Is there enough space on the east side to locate the stands without taking down the stand of trees? Before they released the schematics, I was hoping there would be no east stands and folks could stand at the fence line and watch the game through the trees. That would have created a cool kind of area over there for kids, a bit like that hill at the little league World Series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT