ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Defense

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
Pitt's defense leads the country with 17 sacks in its first 3 games and is allowing only about 200 total yards /game. I assume Coach Bates is still their defensive coordinator. I always thought he was one of NU's better coaches.

ESPN radio previewed Pitt and lauded their defense but did not mention Bate's name ,only the HC

I like Pitt’s QB, Kenny Pickett. Good looking college QB who will play on Sundays.

Last edited:
I like Pitt’s QB, Kenny Pickett. Good looking college QB who will play on Sundays.
The kid grew up on the Jersey Shore and was a huge Rutgers fan. The whole fans have ties to Rutgers. Former Rutgers HC Chris Ash didn't think he was college QB material. The kid was willing to walk-on. Instead, Ash offered (and received a commitment from) a QB out of Tennessee. That kid lasted one season before transferring to a school in Tennessee. Later that kid was arrested and now is serving time (5 years) behind bars. Ash nickname was "Ash the Trash," and his recruiting results reflect it. Over half of his recruits are gone (transfers), and that was before the new coach took over. There was a kid from Maryland (Carter) who Ash told wasn't D1 material. The kid transfers to James Madison and ends up being an FCS All-America and now plays for the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:
The kid grew up on the Jersey Shore and was a huge Rutgers fan. The whole fans have ties to Rutgers. Former Rutgers HC Chris Ash didn't think he was college QB material. The kid was willing to walk-on. Instead, Ash offered (and received a commitment from) a QB out of Tennessee. That kid lasted one season before transferring to a school in Tennessee. Later that kid was arrested and now is serving time (5 years) behind bars. Ash nickname was "Ash the Trash," and his recruiting results reflect it. Over half of his recruits are gone (transfers), and that was before the new coach took over. There was a kid from Maryland (Carter) who Ash told wasn't D1 material. The kid transfers to James Madison and ends up being an FCS All-America and now plays for the Dallas Cowboys.

What an Ashhole.

• Haha
Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT