ADVERTISEMENT

Probably Most Satisfying Season & Win

catfans5

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
When all the crap transpired, no comment on the events, I asked my group if they wanted to cancel our seats for the year. There are 10 of us who sit together and some stragglers who come to our tailgate. They all said to keep the seats.

From prior years, I had some serious trepidation about the upcoming season. Last year, we never sat through an entire game. 2021 and 2022 were painful, but we marched on. The women who are part of our group were restless.

We entered this season with extremely low expectations. We tailgated at every game and were at each game with a few missing the Howard game. I first started with Cat games when Mike Adamle was the running back. This season was probably the most fun since I have had season tickets in 1996. I have attended some incredible games, like Michigan in 2000 and rushed the field after beating Wiscy. I sat through some great seasons and some bad ones. This season exceed any expectation we had. The games were fun/exhilarating. The players really persevered. I was thrilled to be able to see those games in person. You folks who could have gone and stayed away really missed an opportunity to see the joy in the players and something special. The cherry on the cake was ending the Dyche/Ryan Field era with a win. Whatever happens from here on really doesn't matter. The young men really did a wonderful job. They made this old man and women in our group really happy! It was a great, great, great season. Go Cats!

When all the crap transpired, no comment on the events, I asked my group if they wanted to cancel our seats for the year. There are 10 of us who sit together and some stragglers who come to our tailgate. They all said to keep the seats.

From prior years, I had some serious trepidation about the upcoming season. Last year, we never sat through an entire game. 2021 and 2022 were painful, but we marched on. The women who are part of our group were restless.

We entered this season with extremely low expectations. We tailgated at every game and were at each game with a few missing the Howard game. I first started with Cat games when Mike Adamle was the running back. This season was probably the most fun since I have had season tickets in 1996. I have attended some incredible games, like Michigan in 2000 and rushed the field after beating Wiscy. I sat through some great seasons and some bad ones. This season exceed any expectation we had. The games were fun/exhilarating. The players really persevered. I was thrilled to be able to see those games in person. You folks who could have gone and stayed away really missed an opportunity to see the joy in the players and something special. The cherry on the cake was ending the Dyche/Ryan Field era with a win. Whatever happens from here on really doesn't matter. The young men really did a wonderful job. They made this old man and women in our group really happy! It was a great, great, great season. Go Cats!

I was at NU from 1967-1971 (the Adamle/Telander years). My most memorable game was the 48-0 win over Illinois to begin the Big Ten season in 1970 . The Cats had been 0-3 in nonconference game but showed promise. The team went on to a 6-1 conference record losing only to OSU in Columbus (after leading at halftime)

For the youngsters on this board , in that era the only bowl game for Big Ten teams was the Rose Bowl (OSU for that season)

Reactions: IGNORE2 and drewjin
No doubt you speak for many. After enduring the previous two seasons, your group decision to continue attending speaks well for the quality of the tailgate and the people in the group. Must have been deeply satisfying to watch the game today at the bittersweet end of Dyche Stadium.

This truly has been nothing short of remarkable. Could be a Rudy-esque movie if we were relevant. Beat Illini and can do worse than tie for second in division. Win the bowl game Braun is COTY. (Cuz can’t have Hairbrain win no matter what they do…g

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT