ADVERTISEMENT

Projected 2018 Depth (if Kopp joins)

scru

Sep 4, 2005
With the signs pointing to Kopp choosing to don the purple today, the 2018 roster and depth chart provides CCC with a whole lot of rotation options while providing development time to those who need it.

LEAD: Brown, Ash, Lathon (if Lathon wins the starting role over Brown and Ash, we're in for a treat!)
WING: Turner, Gaines
WING: Law, Kopp
WING: Falzon, Rap, Nance
BIG: Pardon, Benson, Young

This seems like the perfect roster make-up for CCC's system. 3 leads, 7 wings, 3 bigs.

4* recruits: 8 (Lathon, Turner, Law, Kopp, Falzon, Rap, Nance, Benson)

SRs: 3 (Ash, Law, Pardon)
JRs: 4 (Brown, Turner, Falzon, Benson)
SOs: 2 (Gaines, Rap)
FRs: 4 (Lathon, Kopp, Nance, Young)

What a great mix of experience level, proven talent, talented newcomers eager to earn minutes, and a whole bunch of shooters who can light it up from distance.

I think the season will come down to Lead Guard play, as it likely always will in CCC's system, and how the team comes together on defense.

With this roster as the first team to take the floor in the new home of the Wildcats, 2018/19 could be a magical ride. I'm excited! And that's setting aside what we're in store for this season.

Damn, it feels good to be a fan of Cats Basketball right now.

Nice post. I was waiting to hear from Kopp before posting something similar, but since you've done all the work, I'll bite.

I will be most interested to see how many minutes this 2018 recruiting class can take right away. We know Young is more of a project, and would be way behind Pardon and Benson anyway. But does Lathon take what he learned at IMG and immediately take over lead guard? Is Nance Big Ten ready, or will he need a year in the weight room, not unlike Law? Who will snag Scottie's vacant spot, Turner or Kopp or Gaines?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT