ADVERTISEMENT

Proud of our young men and their coaches

MRCat95

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2006
Chicago
These young men and their coaches deserve a lot of credit. Beyond the obvious of breaking through competitive program ceilings for the first time, they showed skill, relentlessness, mental toughness and poise all season long including tonight.

No matter what happens from here forward, this is a special group of people. I expect them to learn, grow and continue to get better (next season), but that's for another day. Right now, I just wanted to thank this group for making this the most enjoyable basketball season I can recall. In my heart of hearts, I believe this is just the beginning of something very special in Evanston.

Go Cats!

These young men and their coaches deserve a lot of credit. Beyond the obvious of breaking through competitive program ceilings for the first time, they showed skill, relentlessness, mental toughness and poise all season long including tonight.

No matter what happens from here forward, this is a special group of people. I expect them to learn, grow and continue to get better (next season), but that's for another day. Right now, I just wanted to thank this group for making this the most enjoyable basketball season I can recall. In my heart of hearts, I believe this is just the beginning of something very special in Evanston.

Go Cats!

Well stated, as always. I am going to remember them when they are wheeling me around someday, just like I will remember you at the rest of that special group of football players that also blew up a lot of competitive program ceilings.

Bump, because this OP was in the middle of the night and I feel it deserves more recognitiion....

Matt, this group will be remembered in the same special way your Rose Bowl team is remembered. It was a thrill to be able to attend both breakthrough events with family. A very important time for NU basketball that should be savored, appreciated and enables pus look forward to the future with great anticipation.

I look back to two things. The Day CC was hired and the day Vic Law committed. I think CC is a great recruiter but somebody with great skills had to be first to believe without much evidence.

Adding my congratulations to the team, teams' families, coaches, and coaches' families. It's a great pleasure to be an NU fan. Go Cats.

I look back to two things. The Day CC was hired and the day Vic Law committed. I think CC is a great recruiter but somebody with great skills had to be first to believe without much evidence.
^^^ Agree with this. While this entire team are heroes, Vic Law will forever hold a special place in my book because he was the first high-profile recruit to commit to CC.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT