ADVERTISEMENT

PU, NU @ Wrigley Field Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
As the season winds down, it's time for predict the penultimate game of the season. Purdue has run hot and cold at times this season. NU, tepid. Unfortunately, the Cats don't look likely to change that, even in the Friendly Confines. But at least they fit in two endzones this time.

Purdue Train 31
El Train 17

The real question is can Purdue get their big drum into Wrigley?Couldn't get it into Notre Dame if I recall.The other question is how many of our younger guys are gonna play and who starts for QB for us.That said the Makers of the Boilers 34-The Cats of the Wild 17.

Reactions: rmndcat
Boilers 38
More of the same 13

Just don’t see us mounting much of an offense again which leads our defense breaking down early. Hope I am wrong but just expect more of the same as the program continues to drift downward.

Reactions: NUCat320
Boilers 38
More of the same 13

Just don’t see us mounting much of an offense again which leads our defense breaking down early. Hope I am wrong but just expect more of the same as the program continues to drift downward.
Perhaps it is the reverse, down two touchdowns by halftime takes the wind out of the offense. Do we know which, or is it both?

We seem to have stabilized.
Purdue 35
NU 17

I doubt its another blowout and Im buying the kool aid from Jared Thomas annointing Hilniski as a bigten qb and fresh faces playing this week.

The seniors let us down, time for the young guns to step in and get some experience.

Gocatsgo was right.

Purdue’s offense is at least as good as Wiscy’s, but their defense isn’t that great. Unfortunately, our offense has been nearly nonexistent the last couple games. Hilinski and Robinson seem to have some chemistry, so if Robinson is healthy and has a good day, Hull has a good day, and we get a couple big plays on defense and or special teams, we could make a game of it. Unfortunately the chance of all that happening is pretty small:

PU. 31
NU 14

Purdue’s offense is at least as good as Wiscy’s, but their defense isn’t that great. Unfortunately, our offense has been nearly nonexistent the last couple games. Hilinski and Robinson seem to have some chemistry, so if Robinson is healthy and has a good day, Hull has a good day, and we get a couple big plays on defense and or special teams, we could make a game of it. Unfortunately the chance of all that happening is pretty small:

PU. 31
NU 14

Yup.

This is my wishful thinking - I just want ONE game this season (in the Big Ten) where the offense has a really good day, and moves the ball consistently... meaning that at least half the drives reach midfield, we get inside the red zone about 4 times, and accumulate over 400 total yards. Oh yeah, and we have TOP closer to 30 than 20! Goodness gracious, is that too much to ask to happen once this year? We only have two more chances... I ain't holding my breath, I admit.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT