ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Walker Legacy Fundraiser

Pasadena Bound

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Walk was a close friend of mine and I currently sit on the board of the Randy Walker Legacy Foundation. The Foundation exists to honor Walk's memory by helping cultivate the next generation of football coaches and we have recently expanded our mission by helping our veteran heroes transition into coaching careers

Our annual fund raising event is a golf outing on Monday, June 19 at The Club at Wynstone in Barrington. It's a great event--Fitz always attends along with other NU coaches and former NU players. Football coaches from the "Randy Walker Tree" and other D1 schools also turn out in big numbers, as do NU die-hard fans like you and me. This year, our guest speakers are two names that will be very familiar to all of you--Zak Kustok and Dan Persa. (Austin King and Zach Streif were our guest speakers the last two years). The golf event is a scramble format where you can form your own foursome or be paired with other coaches and fans. Wynstone is a great track and for those of you that have never played there, you are in for a treat!

A link with registration information is below but the schedule is as follows: 10am Registration/Hit Balls. 11am Lunch. Noon Balls in the Air. 5pm Cocktails/Brief Awards Ceremony. 6pm Head home. I hope many of you can attend or make a contribution--you will be helping good people as well as honoring Walk's memory. And it's always a blast to meet new friends & connect with former NU players and coaches.

Here is the link: www.randywalkerlegacy.org. Go to the drop down menu on the upper right of the homepage and click on links for the Golf Outing Brochure and the Registration/Donation form.

Thanks and I hope to see many of you there on Monday, June 19! Go 'Cats!

Last edited:
Walk was a close friend of mine and I currently sit on the board of the Randy Walker Legacy Foundation. The Foundation exists to honor Walk's memory by helping cultivate the next generation of football coaches and we have recently expanded our mission by helping our veteran heroes transition into coaching careers

Our annual fund raising event is a golf outing on Monday, June 19 at The Club at Wynstone in Barrington. It's a great event--Fitz always attends along with other NU coaches and former NU players. Football coaches from the "Randy Walker Tree" and other D1 schools also turn out in big numbers, as do NU die-hard fans like you and me. This year, our guest speakers are two names that will be very familiar to all of you--Zak Kustok and Dan Persa. (Austin King and Zach Streif were our guest speakers the last two years). The golf event is a scramble format where you can form your own foursome or be paired with other coaches and fans. Wynstone is a great track and for those of you that have never played there, you are in for a treat!

A link with registration information is below but the schedule is as follows: 10am Registration/Hit Balls. 11am Lunch. Noon Balls in the Air. 5pm Cocktails/Brief Awards Ceremony. 6pm Head home. I hope many of you can attend or make a contribution--you will be helping good people as well as honoring Walk's memory. And it's always a blast to meet new friends & connect with former NU players and coaches.

Here is the link: www.randywalkerlegacy.org. Go to the drop down menu on the upper right of the homepage and click on links for the Golf Outing Brochure and the Registration/Donation form.

Thanks and I hope to see many of you there on Monday, June 19! Go 'Cats!
Cool 😎

Today is the big day! We are excited to have Zak Kustok and Dan Persa as our guest speakers. Thanks to all of you who will attend or have made a donation. Randy Walker’s legacy lives on. Go ‘Cats!

Reactions: CatManTrue
Thanks Cappy. The weather was perfect and our outing was a great success. Our guests of honor were Zak Kustok and Dan Persa, and both gave great speeches in honor of Walk. Coaches from all over the country who are in the Randy Walker “Tree” were there. I had a chance to spend time with two of our new coaches-David Braun and Christian Smith. Both are great guys who are excited to be at Northwestern and ready to work hard to move the needle. Randy Walker impacted so many people in a positive way and it always feels good to pay tribute to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT