ADVERTISEMENT

Rationale on the goal line strategy?

Sheffielder

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2004
I didn't catch the post-game conference, but I'm wondering if Braun commented on our passing/no running strategy on that set of downs, and even if he didn't, what do we think the rationale was?

I would imagine Lujan was thinking he knew the defense was well prepared for the run and we had a depleted line, no Porter, and no chance to punch it in. I'm not saying this was "right" but we obviously saw the results of what actually happened, and I'm just wondering if there was an explanation that I missed.

I didn't catch the post-game conference, but I'm wondering if Braun commented on our passing/no running strategy on that set of downs, and even if he didn't, what do we think the rationale was?

I would imagine Lujan was thinking he knew the defense was well prepared for the run and we had a depleted line, no Porter, and no chance to punch it in. I'm not saying this was "right" but we obviously saw the results of what actually happened, and I'm just wondering if there was an explanation that I missed.
Washington’s defense was very similar to what I saw USC doing to Michigan in the second half. Both were sending the house on any probable pass play. Both knew they weren’t likely to get beat via the pass. USC dominated that second half and should have won. The main difference is Michigan has some studs and broke a 63 yard run on a 4th and 1. They get stopped there and USC wins. We have very few game breakers that can scare a defense so they pin their ears back. We are going to see blitz after blitz this year. I know I am stating the obvious, but we got a couple weeks to figure this out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT