ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Your level of competition is higher in the G-League than in college hoops. G League Ignite has had two first-round picks each of the past two seasons.

The interesting thing is that Bronny had lots of hype when he was young, then had some backlash, and now has re-grown in stature.

LeBron has talked about wanting to play with him, and is now signed through ‘25. I wonder if Bronny would play two years before entering the draft, and then LBJ could go follow for Bronny’s rookie year.

Also, I’d like NU to find a big guy in the spring period. I prefer high school recruits to transfers.

ya recent articles suggest Bronny is the best defensive player in the country, growing in size and athleticism and now projects to a lottery pick. who knows but he certainly seems to have improved the past year. I am definitely impressed with his polish and poise given how much scrutiny he gets--he seems unfazed by all the pressure and attention.

Reactions: NUCat320
G League doesn't make a lot of sense. His family doesn't need the money, and I would think the quality of life would be much better on a college campus than busing around a bunch of small towns in the G League. Overseas might make sense if he's a curious type who wants to see the world.
G League Ignite is a great resource for people who have zero interest in college. You’re grinding it out against tougher, older competition and focussing on learning NBA concepts from day one. I wish it were more popular.

If the 3 seniors with a year of covid eligibility all come back I think we are at 12 scholarships for next year. I think 12 is the # or is it 12?.Verbal Commits shows no more openings for next year again if everyone comes back who can. There are 4 official offers out for the 24-25 year.
Isn't it only 11? Lousing Dixon and Verrhoven and we only have 19 this year including Hunger

13 scholarships is what a team can have. You can offer more than that.

There is a school in the northeast that offers about 30 per year,, but it is only official if you visit the campus

There will still be some very good prospects available in the spring if there's room, and I assume there will be.

They'll probably do what everybody else is, which in the spring now goes in this order: portal, JUCO (probably not NU, though there have been players with good academics going this route lately), prep school, shoe circuit (which includes a limited number unsigned HS seniors as well as a healthy supply of older players on "prep school" teams and reclassifiers) in April and July.

It's such a hard time for HS players now. If you aren't in that top group of players--say, top 100-150 or so, you're scrapping for offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT