ADVERTISEMENT

Roger Federer!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
Beat Major champ Cilic today at 39 years old! Looked amazing doing it too! Better feat than Tom Watson almost winning the Britiah Open at 60!

Reactions: NUCat320
Jimmy Connors made the semis of the US Open in '91, at 39 years of age. How does that accomplishment stack up?
I love Conners. Tough as nails but Federer is an absolute magician who has now won matches at majors for 22 straight years,beating Jimmy's record of 21,and beating Agassi at 20 straight years!

I love Conners. Tough as nails but Federer is an absolute magician who has now won matches at majors for 22 straight years,beating Jimmy's record of 21,and beating Agassi at 20 straight years!
But Connors made the semis at a Major when he was 39 years old. It was the freaking US Open. How does that accomplishment hold up?

Reactions: Titanium999
Jimmy in 91 was epic. Roger of 2021 would win against early 1990s competition as the game has advanced. My favorites also.

Federer will be 40 if he plays at the U.S. Open in a few months, though Wimbledon seems a much bigger priority.
Federer withdrew today. It is possible he makes a run at US Open. He loves the grass at Wimbledon though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT