ADVERTISEMENT

Rushing Statistics - Post Wisconsin

Dugan15

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2005
Here we go:

With 7 yards rushing, Clayton Thorson crept closer to 83rd place on the NU Career Rushing list. With 367 yards rushing, he stands 2 yards behind Tim Hill, who gained yards for the '78 and '79 teams.

With 12 yards gained today, Warren Long moved closer to 69th place Arby Fields. 5 more to Arby. 20 more to get to Eddie Quinn.

Justin Jackson's big day left him with 2,359 career rushing yards. He remains in 9th place. But, he made a bigger move than expected and sits 106 yards behind Greg Boykin. Today he passed Darnell Autry for 2nd place on the most yards rushing by a player with 2 years of eligibility remaining. Only 115 yards to go to surpass Tyrell Sutton for that record.

Justin's big day moved him from 17th to 13th on the most yards gained in a year list. He passed:

* Adrian Autry '97
* Byron Sanders '88
* Greg Boykin '75
* Damian Anderson '99

A 100-yard day next Saturday would move Justin up to 9th place, passing:

* Justin Jackson '14
* Dennis Lundy '94
* Jason Wright '02
* Mike Adamle '70.

Here we go:

A 100-yard day next Saturday would move Justin up to 9th place, passing:

* Justin Jackson '14
* Dennis Lundy '94
* Jason Wright '02
* Mike Adamle '70.

Northwestern should really remove Dennis Lundy's name from any records. What a disgrace. I'll never forget that '94 OSU game -- my now-wife and I, both NU alums (though we went at different times, and thus didn't know each other during school days) had just gotten engaged the night before, and went to the game to celebrate. Lundy intentionally fumbled when about to cross the goal line and give NU the shocking upset over the hated Buckeyes. That day, it just seemed like another bad luck loss, but the truth came out not long afterwards about Lundy taking money to shave points -- and the fumble even looked fishy that day, to be honest.

Actually, it's hard to even write his name. He's definitely no Joe Jackson.

NorCal: NU has removed Dennis from the record book. For the silly purposes here, I have brought the facts of his yardage gained back to life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT