ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Hilinski

What does Urban Meyer think of him?
The UMOFO (Urban Meyer Optimizing Football Operator) model must be applied:
1) Progression - can he get through them quickly to find the open man?
2) Pocket Presence - can he sit in the pocket and take a hit to make the throw?
3) Pass - can he make all of the throws?
4) Play - can he extend it out of the pocket?

After crunching the data, the model says that Ryan Hilinski has a UMOFO coefficient of 98.75 (100 max), making him an elite quarterback prospect.

Didn't osu already sign/get the commit of the top 2021 qb out of hs? A former texas commit?

That tweet was from 2018 in response to the question regarding Urban Meyer's thoughts.

Unfortunately, I think the 5 star decommitment from South Carolina will cause them to pressure Ryan into removing himself from the transfer portal and staying there. I really wanted him out of high school and would love to be wrong and for him to come to NU.

Didn't osu already sign/get the commit of the top 2021 qb out of hs? A former texas commit?

Urban Meyer and Ryan Day offered him in 2018 when he was already committed to South Carolina. Tells you all you need to know about what he thought/thinks of him.

That tweet was from 2018 in response to the question regarding Urban Meyer's thoughts.

Unfortunately, I think the 5 star decommitment from South Carolina will cause them to pressure Ryan into removing himself from the transfer portal and staying there. I really wanted him out of high school and would love to be wrong and for him to come to NU.

Or maybe the 5-star decommitment says something about the state of South Carolina football.

Reactions: NUCat320

Most South Carolina fans would disagree with you. That fan base is pretty sure Helinski is gone.

Didn’t anyone see Die Hard? I think that settled where Helsinki is.

Zagreb is much better. Better weather and better coffee.
I was in Zagreb in 1986. Quaint town. Hot dark women there. Beer there is like 3x more potent than in usa. Food is a lot like russian. Partied with bunches of young people. Lots of fun! The coffee and weather, as itemized, are pleasant as well. Don't eat the mushrooms though they warned me- supposedly the Chernobyl accident still makes them dangerously radioactive with cesium-137 and a few other dangerous elements

I was in Zagreb in 1986. Quaint town. Hot dark women there. Beer there is like 3x more potent than in usa. Food is a lot like russian. Partied with bunches of young people. Lots of fun! The coffee and weather, as itemized, are pleasant as well. Don't eat the mushrooms though they warned me- supposedly the Chernobyl accident still makes them dangerously radioactive with cesium-137 and a few other dangerous elements

nothing like a few Karlovačkos and Ćevapis with the company of some hot hrvatska ženas I miss the balkans.

I was there not long after the war. Made fast friends with the Vedran, Ivan and the rest of the Croatian contingent on the BB team (and typically brought a Croatian flag to the games) as an undergrad.

I hope it hasn’t lost any charm!

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Zagreb really isn’t Balkan because the locals don’t dream daily of murdering people in the next village to avenge some crime from 400 years ago. As Mick notes, at least the young people have found something to live for.

Robert Kaplan’s “Balkan Ghosts” is a really good read for those interested in the region’s history.

Reactions: cat inkansas
Zagreb really isn’t Balkan because the locals don’t dream daily of murdering people in the next village to avenge some crime from 400 years ago. As Mick notes, at least the young people have found something to live for.

Robert Kaplan’s “Balkan Ghosts” is a really good read for those interested in the region’s history.
[/

Agree Croatia is probably more European than any other part of the former Yugoslavia. A better example would be North Macedonia or Bosnia. Balkan ghosts does a great job of providing the historical lead up to the break up of Former Yugoslavia

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Agree Croatia is probably more European than any other part of the former Yugoslavia. A better example would be North Macedonia or Bosnia. Balkan ghosts does a great job of providing the historical lead up to the break up of Former Yugoslavia
I was living in Budapest in 1992 when fighting started in Bosnia after Milosevic really started acting up. We planned a vacation in Turkey, which necessitated a 24 hour bus ride through Serbia (too poor to fly). I was secretly nervous, but hid it from my GF.

I will never forget waking up in that bus around 3 am as we rolled through what was likely southern Bulgaria.I only remember darkness and heat, and wondering where the hell we were.

If anyone wants to take a wonderful vacation after the pandemic is over, try Dubrovnik- just north of Albania. It is on the adriatic ocean and is truly is fantastic. Very historical too- one of the few spots in former Yugo- post Tito years that still is in pretty good shape. You can get by there comfortably on a minute fraction of $ that it takes compared to like southern France or other coastal/ocean towns in europe. There are touring companies that offer packages in the area. Sadly, I was told that sareyevo was hit pretty hard by the war and still hasn't recovered all so good.

If anyone wants to take a wonderful vacation after the pandemic is over, try Dubrovnik- just north of Albania. It is on the adriatic ocean and is truly is fantastic. Very historical too- one of the few spots in former Yugo- post Tito years that still is in pretty good shape. You can get by there comfortably on a minute fraction of $ that it takes compared to like southern France or other coastal/ocean towns in europe. There are touring companies that offer packages in the area. Sadly, I was told that sareyevo was hit pretty hard by the war and still hasn't recovered all so good.
A friend of mine took his large Greek family on a cruise of the Dalmatian coast a few years back--Dubruvnik, Rab, Krk, and some other places. Absolutely stunning terrain and a fraction of the cost of Italy.

Worth scuba trip?

Only visited briefly, but yes, a small, well preserved ancient city. Scenes from Game of Thrones filmed there. Also, purportedly, Croatia is the birth place of both Zinfandel grapes and the neck tie.

Reactions: NUCat320
Funny all the ties to Croatia. I lived there from 1997 to 2000. It is still my favorite place to visit. I was working as a consultant to privatize some of the government owned businesses as the country was coming out of war with the Serbians. Landed in 1997 to soldiers lining both sides of the runway and left with the airport in normal use. Wonderful sites along the Adriatic coast and fantastic food and service. Never made it to Dubrovnik unfortunately but visited Split often. It was strange to have to teach how capitalism worked as they were deeply entrenched into communistic thinking.

The Balkans by Misha Glenny is also an outstanding read!!!

Also the Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andrić

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT