ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for Indiana vs. NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, NU finally got off to a good start but then gave almost all of it back, and it’s 23-20 NU at the break.

IU missed its first nine shots and had four turnovers early and NU eventually opened a 21-7 lead after back-to-back 3s by Kopp and Audige.

But then came NU’s obligatory scoring drought. This one was seven minutes long and IU got back to within three after a bizarre review counting Jackson-Davis’s basket on an inbound play. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Nice tribute by Buie to wear Berry’s jersey today.

Seeing our offense makes my toes curl. It’s normal to see more games in the 60’s and even 50’s as the season progresses. Teams are more studied, etc. But this is looks like some rec league level of offensive execution.

I know the early tip makes for a wonky start, but man have we missed a ton of shots around the rim. Those are hidden turnovers. Gotta finish.

Well, NU finally got off to a good start but then gave almost all of it back, and it’s 23-20 NU at the break.

IU missed its first nine shots and had four turnovers early and NU eventually opened a 21-7 lead after back-to-back 3s by Kopp and Audige.

But then came NU’s obligatory scoring drought. This one was seven minutes long and IU got back to within three after a bizarre review counting Jackson-Davis’s basket on an inbound play. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Nice tribute by Buie to wear Berry’s jersey today.
Pound it inside

I just checked the gamecast. It looks like the kind of game that could cost Archie Miller his job ... win or lose.

It’s ridiculous that Indiana cants take advantage, at least once in a while, of TJD being double teamed. Our rotation has been good, but for the most part they just stand around. Thanks Archie

Reactions: Titanium999
It’s ridiculous that Indiana cants take advantage, at least once in a while, of TJD being double teamed. Our rotation has been good, but for the most part they just stand around. Thanks Archie
We r playing good defense. Just can't shoot

We need to close out a close game for once

Inexcusable playing and coaching in the last 2 minutes and in the last 25 seconds.

In the final 2 minutes, NU had 4 possessions:
- Kopp turnover
- Greer turnover
- ISO play for Audige, brick
- in-bound alley-oop that turns into a turnover

ughhhhhhh

Great game, Miller. You’re playing your way onto a nice SPAC pickup team.

Sorry but I'm done with Collins. Not a good coach.

Can you guys just stop shooting out of your minds and let Indiana get a win that might get them to the Tournament? Geez.

This sounds like a replay of the Pitt disaster. This team just doesn't know how to win.

Reactions: DaCat
Greer outplaying Boo and Audige. Greer just doest make the mistakes those guys make! Dang! Greer fouls out trying to fix Audige turnover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT