ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU-Illinois

azimmerman_1

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2018
That half pretty much summed up what we've seen all year. With the season on the line, let's see what this Northwestern team is made of.

Reactions: drewjin
Pardon surely has the all-time NU record for dunks. Will that be the last dunk of his illustrious career? I hope not.

Not that this is an excuse, but the refs continue to hate us for some reason. Pardon gets mauled and no call, then Gaines maybe grazes a hair on a guy on essentially an uncontested layup at the other end and gets called.

Reactions: drewjin
NU is in position to win this game if they can just starting making some threes...

This is where Collins loses confidence in his bench and plays the same five guys for too long down the stretch and they run out of gas.

Why is Falzon in the game?? That was a horrible sequence on both ends.

Clutch three by Turner.

Cats with only one timeout left with over three minutes to play. That could hurt later.

Just what I said... Collins stops coaching with 8 minutes left and our guys run out of gas.

Just what I said... Collins stops coaching with 8 minutes left and our guys run out of gas.
Lol this post.. An amazing, high- level basketball game without our leading scorer, and you take this opportuntoy to dump on CC. Good freakin' grief

Lol this post.. An amazing, high- level basketball game without our leading scorer, and you take this opportuntoy to dump on CC. Good freakin' grief

I wouldn’t call this one “a high level basketball game”. The play was certainly ugly at times, something which Shon Morris noted on the broadcast.

That being said, I think it was a heck of an effort from the ‘Cats considering the circumstances. Pardon and Falzon played well in their swan songs and AJ, as well as Miller, showed a little something too.

As bleak as 2019 has been for the program, one can take a tiny bit of solace in the fact the team went down fighting.

As for the future...well let’s just say there is much work to be done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT