ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Illinois

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Can you believe this? NU went the entire first half without a single assist. They're also 0-for-8 from 3.

Illinois pounced on them early and led by as many as 18 at 25-7. But NU had a little surge late in the half and it's 38-26 at the break.

Audige leads NU with 9, while Buie came to life after a horrendous start and has 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
Audige gets some crap on here sometimes, because he does some stupid stuff, but he competes, doesn’t play scared, and can get his own shot. Those are things that NU needs.
He’s incredibly talented and is, by far, our player that can score in more different ways. If his decision making, that has improved, catches up with his talent, he’s an elite player

Last edited:
Ridiculously screwed by officials on Gaines charge. It is amazing how many fast breaks we mess up / get screwed on.
Getting no help from the refs. But we're shooting ourselves in our foot.

What a weird lineup, even out of the timeout.

Boo-Greer-Audige-Kopp-Young

Cappy! You’re needed!

Ridiculously screwed by officials on Gaines charge. It is amazing how many fast breaks we mess up / get screwed on.
What better way to make up for this missed call than with a flagrant on the Illini who just body checked Miller Kopp

Reactions: DaCat
We are playing terrible offense again. We need to work the zone. Not take it one on one.

Buie is a pretty bad point guard. Doesn’t take care of the ball and makes poor decisions. He doesn’t deserve the playing time he is being given.

Reactions: DaCat
So typical for us to miss those 3 pointers and Kopp to miss the free throw. Mentally weak team.

This is why we are closer than people appear to admit. We played so tough and they just have better clutch players in the end. I know we’ve stunk it up a lot this year, but our teams in years past would have folded in this game, and we did not. That’s something to say for the players and the coach(es).

This is why we are closer than people appear to admit. We played so tough and they just have better clutch players in the end. I know we’ve stunk it up a lot this year, but our teams in years past would have folded in this game, and we did not. That’s something to say for the players and the coach(es).
I mean, they covered, but the other team hit the shots and got the stops and NU missed the shots and got stopped.

Kopp’s late miss kept it a seven-point game, so that record in five point games since (??) remains 4-18.

They showed me something tonight. Is this like 1994 in football?

Reactions: FeralFelidae

Give it up. This not playing ring toss with hand grenades. That's loss number 12 in a row. Illinois played like crap.

Acclaimed recruits Ty Berry and Robbie Beran had zero points. Miller Kopp had six points.

Audige has frustrated every single one of us at some point. But he’s the most important player on our team. He’s the only guy on our team that has a true aggressive scorer mentality. With that, you get some frustrating moments, but there is a confidence he plays with that no one else on our roster has. He has to make one more jump to get to that next level, and with that has to come a little more consistency, but if he does, we’ve got that ingredient we have so often not had.

Man, this is being an NU fan. Getting all excited because we kept fighting. It’s nice to see, our players deserve more than a lot of ppl saying they suck. They don’t, they have and always had a lot of potential.

But ultimately we lost. As usual. Don’t get all hyped because we fought till the end. Nebraska took IL to overtime. Good teams don’t always blow out others. It’s not a huge achievement to look presentable

Audige has frustrated every single one of us at some point. But he’s the most important player on our team. He’s the only guy on our team that has a true aggressive scorer mentality. With that, you get some frustrating moments, but there is a confidence he plays with that no one else on our roster has. He has to make one more jump to get to that next level, and with that has to come a little more consistency, but if he does, we’ve got that ingredient we have so often not had.
He needs to continue improving and carry us next season like Ayo is doing for Illinois.

Give it up. This not playing ring toss with hand grenades. That's loss number 12 in a row. Illinois played like crap.

Acclaimed recruits Ty Berry and Robbie Beran had zero points. Miller Kopp had six points.
Obviously, you’ve given up and neither the players nor I have. Why do you bother following?

Plays tough D (especially in the passing lanes) and doesn’t give up.

Reactions: drewjin
I wrote it above, but he is a very different player when he’s on the point. When he’s off the ball, you get the sense that he’s afraid he won’t get it back — so, instinct #1 is to chuck it.

When he’s on the hall, he stands tall and eyes the court — and, yes, sometimes he’ll pull up, but that’s after he’s worked his man over a bit.

I hope he gets some time next to Berry in the final three weeks.

I am genuinely excited about Audige and Nance and hope they'll both be around next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT