ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Penn State

Is anyone really that surprised? We lost to Nebraska by 15. Now we lose to Penn State by 15. We're terrible. We're slow, play no defense, can't rebound and can't shoot.

Is anyone really that surprised? We lost to Nebraska by 15. Now we lose to Penn State by 15. We're terrible. We're slow, play no defense, can't rebound and can't shoot.
Surprised? No, not any more. Still isn't pleasant to see those things reconfirmed again.

Blown out by PSU now? Sad!

PSU is basically all sophomores, we are upperclassmen. Sanjay would never have let that guy go off for 30. He would have got ejected before that happened. We have one guy attacking the boards and no one helping him. Gaines needs to work on his D and that will keep him on the floor. Right now he is getting abused. I have no idea why Scottie doesn’t drive when he is way off with his shot, He is letting his O impact his D. We were supposed to be very deep this year with Brown, Gaines, Falzone, Rap making huge contributions, just hasn’t happened. Who is the Alpha Dog on this team? Who tells Vic to stop standing around the 3 point line and start moving, who tells Scottie to stop jacking up tough shots when he is ice cold, who tells BMac that he needs to be more aggressive, who gets on Skelly when starts killing rallies with turnover? CCC can do this, but it will be more effective at times coming from a player. We miss Sanjay for a lot of things that don’t show up in the box score.

PSU is basically all sophomores, we are upperclassmen. Sanjay would never have let that guy go off for 30. He would have got ejected before that happened. We have one guy attacking the boards and no one helping him. Gaines needs to work on his D and that will keep him on the floor. Right now he is getting abused. I have no idea why Scottie doesn’t drive when he is way off with his shot, He is letting his O impact his D. We were supposed to be very deep this year with Brown, Gaines, Falzone, Rap making huge contributions, just hasn’t happened. Who is the Alpha Dog on this team? Who tells Vic to stop standing around the 3 point line and start moving, who tells Scottie to stop jacking up tough shots when he is ice cold, who tells BMac that he needs to be more aggressive, who gets on Skelly when starts killing rallies with turnover? CCC can do this, but it will be more effective at times coming from a player. We miss Sanjay for a lot of things that don’t show up in the box score.
Well,said! Scottie shot terrible in second half! Lost it there!

I could be wrong, but to me, minus a slow start (no excuses), the effort is there. They just aren’t executing much and don’t have nearly the athleticism that a middle of the conference PSU team has.
I didn't watch much of the game but did tune in to the second half to see a couple of series where Lindsey was loafing. On one play, a PSU player missed a layup and Scottie's man went straight to the basket and slammed in the rebound. No movement, no attempt at a boxout, nothing. Way too easy. Then on the other side of the floor, Scottie was lackadaisical in receiving a pass, and the defender (after fighting through multiple screens) stole it from him.

It's disappointing to lose because of a lack of talent, but it's much worse when there appears to be a lack of hustle and desire. The PSU players were hustling all over the court, and the NU players weren't.

It would make me queasy to say we don't fight, but I have no qualms saying we sure do seem to be out-fought a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT