ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half Thread

We need to be okay with a few more throws. We should not give them the ball back without putting some more points on the board.

Reactions: drewjin
Anderson is a great change of pace back but he’s not strong enough yet to be a #1.

I don’t like that last set of downs at all, I think we really needed to take a small risk to get a first down to try to run it out.

I don’t like that last set of downs at all, I think we really needed to take a small risk to get a first down to try to run it out.
Would have liked to see a pass on second down but running it required them to burn a TO. They run the numbers on this and trust the D, so....let’s do our thing.

Surprised to see McCaffery out there. Better passer but we gave them their last drive with penalties.

I don't know why NU would call a time out there. UNL was not having a smooth series

Lots of questions for Frost about the QB switch....
Given the clock, time pressure probably called for McCaffrey’s passing ability. If they’d had an extra timeout or a little more time, I’d have feared Martinez more, for his ability to improvise.

Reactions: DaCat
Given the clock, time pressure probably called for McCaffrey’s passing ability. If they’d had an extra timeout or a little more time, I’d have feared Martinez more, for his ability to improvise.
Agreed 100%.

As a Cat fan I would've been more comfortable if Martinez had been in as their QB at the end. McCaffrey is a good one.

The only really big plays when Martinez was in seemed to be runs by Martinez. That wasn’t going to get them a 90 yard (or whatever) TD drive. Unfortunately you McCaffrey is not yet experienced enough to close out a drive like that, as Thorson did against Neb. in 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT