ADVERTISEMENT

Second Half

That’s what we needed. Giving them a TD creates momentum for them and pressure. I have flashbacks of Akron about how quick things can turn. Good to get the ball baxk here.

Heh, yeah I’ll take the stop too : )

At this point, Coan is not capable like the Akron QB and Thorson won’t be in position to throw three pick 6’s....er wait....why are we throwing?

Yeah, I wrote that and then realized it was obvious we both would. but then the INT! Cripe!

Heh, yeah I’ll take the stop too : )

At this point, Coan is not close to the Akron QB and Thorson won’t be in position to throw three pick 6’s....er wait....why are we throwing?

McCall is to blame for a lot of things. That INT wasn't one of them. Awful telegraphing from Thorson. Pick #3 on the day.
Why are we passing on first down anyway when we need to RUN CLOCK? Even a 3 and out with 3 runs would take almost 2 minutes. That was the second worst case scenario aside from a pick six. We better get at least 2-3 first downs here (obviously preferable to score).

Reactions: Pukecat
Up 21. A 3 and out on 3 Bowser runs and a punt would've fine.

Too much time now. Need actual first downs on this drive.

If they wind up tying us at the end of regulation we will remember that throw.

McCall is to blame for a lot of things. That INT wasn't one of them. Awful telegraphing from Thorson. Pick #3 on the day.
Any passing play there on first down should be a safe call. Maybe a play action to the sideline. We are moving the ball on the ground. Run the damn ball and burn 2+ minutes. Maybe more with a first down.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Who called the play?

Yeah, I’ve still been positive on Mick and I get trusting your senior QB, but absolutely hate that call.

It’s not smart game management. Even without hindsight. A turnover in plus territory is the only way you give Wisconsin life. We were running about as well as you can hope vs the Badgers.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Yeah, I’ve still been positive on Mick and I get trusting your senior QB, but absolutely hate that call.

It’s not smart game management. Even without hindsight. A turnover in plus territory is the only way you give Wisconsin life. We were running about as well as you can hope vs the Badgers.
And Thor is having a bad game

Any passing play there on first down should be a safe call. Maybe a play action to the sideline. We are moving the ball on the ground. Run the damn ball and burn 2+ minutes. Maybe more with a first down.

Exactly.

Throwing on first down is fine and even preferred, until you get up 21 with 9 mins left and the opposition is comatose. Then, as you said, run the damn ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT