ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously when can we get a win this is depressing

I actually don’t think it would be a disaster for Nance to come off the bench, as it would mean that Robbie Beran has continued to develop as projected.

Heck, maybe being the go-to guy in the second wave would be a confidence-booster for Pete. Who knows.

Obviously I would like him to reach his full potential but I’m not as convinced as I once was that it will doom the program if he doesn’t.
I don’t think it will doom the program either. It’s time for Pete to shut up out there and start playing with a purpose. There just is no way he should not score double digits every game. It’s frustrating to watch when he has mismatches that he can’t exploit. I have been in Pete’s corner as I think he is held to a different standard than some others, but games like today show he isn’t ready to be the factor he should be. He needs a few breakout games to end the season, if not he’ll be coming off the pine next season.

Reactions: hdhntr1
I don’t think it will doom the program either. It’s time for Pete to shut up out there and start playing with a purpose. There just is no way he should not score double digits every game. It’s frustrating to watch when he has mismatches that he can’t exploit. I have been in Pete’s corner as I think he is held to a different standard than some others, but games like today show he isn’t ready to be the factor he should be. He needs a few breakout games to end the season, if not he’ll be coming off the pine next season.

You overvalue what he is. He does nothing especially well and he isn't a great athlete. If he chooses, he can be a good "glue guy," who gets loose balls, cleans up and puts back some offensive boards and so forth.

Reactions: Sec.112
There just is no way he should not score double digits every game.
I have been in Pete’s corner as I think he is held to a different standard than some others, ...

Weird.

There’s a chance that Nance becomes a 10mpg guy next season, I think. There’s also a chance he becomes a 15 point scorer. Neither would surprise me, though I think the former is more likely than the latter.

Nance is a frustrating kid to watch. Seems like he was trying to be more aggressive and take it hard to the basket for a few games which is good- the down side is he still misses way too many close in shots. He’s one of the few players I can recall who seems to have better touch from the arc than in close to the rim. Seems like he should be a double- double type player in most games, but the silly fouls, poor shot selection, and turnovers hold him back. All kind of linked to decision making.

Today's game shows why he tries to shoot 3-pointers he has no ball handling ability at all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT