ADVERTISEMENT

Smart Schools

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
To their credit, a few of the other "smart schools" out there look to be much improved this year. We experienced Duke ourselves, but Vandy and Wake Forest look to be significantly better this year. You could kind of see it coming with Wake after last year, but they appear to have taken another step forward this year. I could see them pulling off an ACC upset or two this year.

To their credit, a few of the other "smart schools" out there look to be much improved this year. We experienced Duke ourselves, but Vandy and Wake Forest look to be significantly better this year. You could kind of see it coming with Wake after last year, but they appear to have taken another step forward this year. I could see them pulling off an ACC upset or two this year.
I am tired of this smart school stuff....like you have to be stupid to be a good football player...this elitist stuff just does not fly...

Reactions: phatcat
what did to their credit mean then? they should get more credit?

It means that teams that weren't predicted to do much this year seem to be better than expected. That's it.

Or, in your world, apparently it means that I think these smart kids are somehow doing extremely well in athletics and that is unbelievably shocking.

It means that teams that weren't predicted to do much this year seem to be better than expected. That's it.

Or, in your world, apparently it means that I think these smart kids are somehow doing extremely well in athletics and that is unbelievably shocking.
not what I said...and I am sure there are more than a few schools doing better than was projected...that were not "smart" schools...you drew the line..not me

I am tired of this smart school stuff....like you have to be stupid to be a good football player...this elitist stuff just does not fly...
I don't think he meant it like that. It's more about the perception of high admission standards, which certainly describes NU. Not sure if it applies so much to Duke in sports. I just think Wisconsin is a great school with really good kids in its program--much like NU.

not what I said...and I am sure there are more than a few schools doing better than was projected...that were not "smart" schools...you drew the line..not me

I guess my original post should have included every school playing better than projected this year. Just so no school felt left out or less smart.

Get a grip. You turned this into something that wasn't even close to what was intended. And for the record, you throwing me in the "elitist" category is beyond hilarious I assure you. I didn't even go to a "smart" school.

And for the record, you throwing me in the "elitist" category is beyond hilarious I assure you. I didn't even go to a "smart" school.
Oh, and that makes you super cool or something? Jeez! :p

Meanwhile Rice, Stanford, Air Force and Army all lost.

Any day when Stanford loses and Northwestern wins is a good day in my book!

Stanford is 1-2 with a date against high-powered UCLA up next. Their QB Chryst hasn't been a difference maker. RB Love scored their only TDs on long runs.

Stanford is 1-2 with a date against high-powered UCLA up next. Their QB Chryst hasn't been a difference maker. RB Love scored their only TDs on long runs.
I am not sure that UCLA is so good. A&M is not impressing anybody and they just lost to Memphis. If Stanford loses to UCLA, then they may not have a good year.

I believe athletes at most institutions get extra credit for successfully spelling their names.

Cynics like you, who probably never played any sport at a high level , should probably think twice before posting that comment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT