ADVERTISEMENT

Snow Tomorrow!!

Seattle_Cat

Sep 8, 2003
The playing conditions will be bad for the game. I'm glad I'll be watching from the comfort of my sofa.

I hope NU is breaking out the white helmets along with the white jersey and white pants.
Nope. We go with black helmet and pants. Half serious question: Would wearing all-white uniforms on a snowy day be any advantage for a run-focused team, as tacklers would have a harder time spotting the ball carrier in a scrum? Conversely, would that be a detriment to the passing game because it would be harder for the QB to spot his receivers downfield?

Nope. We go with black helmet and pants. Half serious question: Would wearing all-white uniforms on a snowy day be any advantage for a run-focused team, as tacklers would have a harder time spotting the ball carrier in a scrum? Conversely, would that be a detriment to the passing game because it would be harder for the QB to spot his receivers downfield?

It's even a stretch THEN, but I could maybe see this -- MAYBE -- in a blinding blizzard or some such thing, and this isn't projected to be anything like that by the time the game gets going.

The playing conditions will be bad for the game. I'm glad I'll be watching from the comfort of my sofa.
These are the conditions under which B1G games historically were expected to be played! Rain, snow, mud, wind, cold. I can't wait! Can you imagine an SEC team surviving in weather like this?

Not with an orange/brown ball. Was/is an advantage for Joliet Catholic with their option attach and football colored jerseys. But last I checked, JC isn't in the B1G.

Reactions: ubercat
I heard a story (somewhat apocryphal) of a high school team in the '50s who wore jerseys with life-size football images sewed onto the front of their jerseys. On option running plays, any number of backs would appear to be carrying the ball. Now that's trickeration.

These are the conditions under which B1G games historically were expected to be played! Rain, snow, mud, wind, cold. I can't wait! Can you imagine an SEC team surviving in weather like this?
Don't the "sissy" Badgers play on a carpet?

I heard a story (somewhat apocryphal) of a high school team in the '50s who wore jerseys with life-size football images sewed onto the front of their jerseys. On option running plays, any number of backs would appear to be carrying the ball. Now that's trickeration.

Pop Warner did it in the early 1900's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT