ADVERTISEMENT

So what’s the best bIG tourney scenario

Hans

May 29, 2001
We’re down to the last handful of games this year, a big disappointment to all of us. The off-season is likely not to wow me with any recruiting (for next years team at least).

So what’s the best scenario today, somehow beat Purdue at home, pardon and Law go off and contribute 45 points combined, we face Rutgers in the first round and a flailing Iowa who will hopefully be on a 4 game slide only to meet pursue again? Hey, what the f$@“ why not dream a little it’ll be a long summer...

We can face Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois or Penn State. If I had to guess, I think Illinois is the most likely as I suspect IU and PSU win at home today. Iowa is locked into the #6 spot, and if we somehow beat Purdue today, they would be the #3, and I would somehow start convincing myself that this team can get to the semis.

Reactions: NUCat320
I want Kopp to get 10 shots today, and every game from here on out. Look to score. He needs to finish with the taste that he can be The Guy.

Also, I want NU to have 11 games left after today. Anything is possible at Spring Ahead.

Reactions: ubercat
Best scenario is that we face Illinois, and we absolutely take them out to the woodshed. All other scenarios are secondary, imo.

Good Lord, this board being infiltrated by puffy chested Fighting Undie fans. No thanks.

Don't you want' to beat them to win the season series? They won't be puffy chested after losing 5 of 6, I don't believe...

They are they most likely scenario at this point, as we play them if they lose to Penn St. and Rutgers loses.

If the Illini lose and Rutgers upsets Indiana,we play a hot Penn St. team, probably the worst scenario for us.

If the Illiini somehow upset Penn St. and Indiana beats Rutgers, we get a Rutgers team that had been playing very well but would have lost 2 in a row (probably our second best scenario)

If the Illini upset PSU and Rutgers wins, we get Indiana, but this is probably the most unlikely scenario (and Indiana would then need to make a run in the BTT to make the Dance)

There are no other possible opponents (Nebby is locked into 13)

With PSU up 11 against Illinois with 5:35 left and Indiana up by 21 against Rutgers with 5:42 to play, it looks like we play Illinois

Yup, a record-setting 20-loss Illini team is it, and was our best case scenario, imo. Let's make it 21!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT