ADVERTISEMENT

Someone, please shoot me

Agreed. We miss a field goal with the wind and they make one that is much longer Against the Wind. That's the type of year it has been

Reactions: Titanium999
Kuhbander blows. Revoke his schollie. Absolute trash. Get some canines and make a clutch play

Agreed. We miss a field goal with the wind and they make one that is much longer Against the Wind. That's the type of year it has been
It will always be that type of year with our placekicker. At least 2 games, maybe 3 he has cost us. A nice boy, I am sure but come on.

Kuhbander blows. Revoke his schollie. Absolute trash. Get some canines and make a clutch play
This is another example of HCPF stubbornness. With the games on the line, most of us know he'll not be successful. I would take my chances with almost anyone else in situations where the game will be decided on his kick. I rarely if ever criticize the players, but this is just dumb.

Reactions: drewjin
This is another example of HCPF stubbornness. With the games on the line, most of us know he'll not be successful. I would take my chances with almost anyone else in situations where the game will be decided on his kick. I rarely if ever criticize the players, but this is just dumb.
Nasty! Just nasty

You absolutely have to kick a field goal there. It’s not even a question.

I won't bash the player, and, on that particular play, yes, kick the FG. But you don't have to completely go i to a shell. Play to win. Maybe a play action pass one time? Maybe a screen. Coaching cost us that game, not Kuhbander.

Reactions: drewjin
I won't bash the player, and, on that particular play, yes, kick the FG. But you don't have to completely go i to a shell. Play to win. Maybe a play action pass one time? Maybe a screen. Coaching cost us that game, not Kuhbander.

There were about two runs on that drive that were a shoe string tackle away from a TD run. If we had McGowan instead of Anderson in the game he probably breaks one of those.

If if if. That's the story of this year. The concern is will next year just be as bad since most of our competitors are playing lots of underclassmen in key positions and have better recruiting classes.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Inexplicable that we run up the gut x 3 leading up to that FG, with over 3 minutes left in the game. We didn’t even really try to score a TD, we were playing for a FG. The game should not have been placed on Kuhbander’s foot in the first place, with how few FGs we have attempted this year.

Advice that could help... Treat your fandom like you should treat your golf game...

My high school offensive line coach was also my high school’s golf coach. I wasn’t on the golf team, but we golfed together a few times. He was a terrific guy, and he had an interesting philosophy as a golf coach. He said you should only count the good shots, and ignore and forget the bad ones. His golf teams won several state championships.

I’ve adopted this (mulligan) mentality to my NU sports fandom, and it’s made my fall life and fall NU fan experience (both last year and this year) much more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been.

As it turns out, NU didn’t even play today.

Inexplicable that we run up the gut x 3 leading up to that FG, with over 3 minutes left in the game. We didn’t even really try to score a TD, we were playing for a FG. The game should not have been placed on Kuhbander’s foot in the first place, with how few FGs we have attempted this year.

Not inexplicably. By the book. Make the goddamn kick.

There were about two runs on that drive that were a shoe string tackle away from a TD run. If we had McGowan instead of Anderson in the game he probably breaks one of those.
Just stop with the woulda, coulda, shoulda crap.

Advice that could help... Treat your fandom like you should treat your golf game...

My high school offensive line coach was also my high school’s golf coach. I wasn’t on the golf team, but we golfed together a few times. He was a terrific guy, and he had an interesting philosophy as a golf coach. He said you should only count the good shots, and ignore and forget the bad ones. His golf teams won several state championships.

I’ve adopted this (mulligan) mentality to my NU sports fandom, and it’s made my fall life and fall NU fan experience (both last year and this year) much more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been.

NU may not play another game in either major sport for a long, long time. Good advice, though.

same here. I stop being upset when it’s obvious my teams aren’t very good. It ends plenty of seasons early for me, but saves frustration I had when I was younger.

Reactions: MRCat95
Just stop with the woulda, coulda, shoulda crap.

Just stop sounding like a complete idiot that doesn’t know crap about football. While you are at it, tell the rest of your buddies on this board who suffer from the same ailment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akeehn0912
Oh Great Karnak, the all knowing, please grace us with your wisdom

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT