ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Hoops

They posted photos on their Facebook page, too. I believe that the slogans on Jordan Ash and Aaron Falzon's shirt are new ones:

Be the HuNters.
and
Leave No doubt.

Some had wondered what would come after Pound The Rock...

They posted photos on their Facebook page, too. I believe that the slogans on Jordan Ash and Aaron Falzon's shirt are new ones:

Be the HuNters.
and
Leave No doubt.

Some had wondered what would come after Pound The Rock...

Like BB going with the Rows.....

Prefer "Be the HuNted".....

Reactions: JournCat
Prefer "Be the HuNted".....

I would have preferred:

1a53bc99e5a43ddff1db46decbe4bc73.jpg

Reactions: JournCat
Blomquist was a band-aid built on Sheridan Avenue to ease the horrible rec facilities for students back in the '70's. SPAC, I assume, was something similar built in the 80's or 90's in response to intense criticism of NU's lack of recreation facilities for students.

What happened to the plan to practice in Patton? I recall reading something about a basic rehab of Patton to make it usable for the teams' purposes this season. I thought the symbolism of practicing in Patton Gym would make for a good media story at some point.

Nothing at all interesting or remarkable about Blomquist. Played intramural ball there in the mid 90's.

I remember playing IM floor hockey in Blomquist. We had a brawl with the Phi Delt team after Greenfield, the QB, plowed one of our guys through the curtain that separates the courts. Fun times!

I remember breaking my ankle playing football in Blomquist after midnight (a friend was the manager). Good times!

I remember playing IM floor hockey in Blomquist. We had a brawl with the Phi Delt team after Greenfield, the QB, plowed one of our guys through the curtain that separates the courts. Fun times!
Greenfield threw one of my teammates out at 3B trying to tag up from 2nd on a fly to right in IM softball.

Greenfield threw one of my teammates out at 3B trying to tag up from 2nd on a fly to right in IM softball.
Sandy Schwab threw out one of my teammates trying to score from second on a single to left. I was coaching third and sent him. I've never had a ball whiz by my head so fast.
Third baseman: You know that's Sandy Schwab.
Me: I do now.

Reactions: TheC
I remember breaking my ankle playing football in Blomquist after midnight (a friend was the manager). Good times!
FB or soccer?
I did play indoor soccer there... didn't break anything, but almost got kicked in the face one time while playing goalie...the idiot "didn't know" the goalie had "priority" to pick up a loose ball...oh well...I guess I chickened out of picking up the ball just in time to avoid a nasty kick.

What do you mean? The Blomquist (<---) recreation center is completely different from SPAC.

Okay, sorry I'm not completely familiar with everything on campus, being that I'm not a student, alum or local resident, and assumed incorrectly.
You could have just politely indicated that it was a different facility altogether instead of going all quoting and bold text to point out that I was incorrect. Not the first time, or the last time that I'll be incorrect on something.
I guess I'll never be perfect and odor free like the majestic FeliSilvestris.

I played IM basketball in Blomquist, and played IM floor hockey in Patten. The latter was full of wrong-side blowouts with scorelines like 0-8 and 0-12 (twice in back-to-back weeks on the latter)!

We played IM floor hockey and coed soccer in Bloomquist. Basketball and volleyball in Patten. This was in the early 80s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT