ADVERTISEMENT

Start of the Jeremy Larkin era

DaCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Jeremy took over the lead running back role and had a good game. Stats were an impressive 143 yards on 26 carries (5.5 ypc) and 2 TDs. Lacked a little of JJTBC's jump cuts but overall played well. I actually was surprised he had so many yards, I guess the tough going in the second half colored my perception.

Larkin's cuts to the left away from the throng were excellent. I'm really hopeful he can keep this up.

Reactions: drewjin
Larkin's 46 yard run was nice. Too bad he's lacking the top gear to take it to the house. But no complaints, he'll be great to watch going forward.

Larkin's 46 yard run was nice. Too bad he's lacking the top gear to take it to the house. But no complaints, he'll be great to watch going forward.
He was fast enough but they were in position to stop him. Not like they caught him from behind as happened with JJ a few times

I think he is fast enough, and that play he actually angles into the middle toward one of the DBs and then slowed down when he had to stiff arm him, which allowed the other guy to catch up to him. Otherwise if he bounces it all the way to the outside, he likely would’ve been gone.

I think he is fast enough, and that play he actually angles into the middle toward one of the DBs and then slowed down when he had to stiff arm him, which allowed the other guy to catch up to him. Otherwise if he bounces it all the way to the outside, he likely would’ve been gone.
Having watched guys like Damien Anderson and Venric Mark, they would've probably taken that play to the house. I don't think Larkin has that top end speed. Not complaining, just comparing.

Having watched guys like Damien Anderson and Venric Mark, they would've probably taken that play to the house. I don't think Larkin has that top end speed. Not complaining, just comparing.

Venric didn’t have top end speed either. Wicked acceleration, but not very “fast fast.”

He is shifty and definitely has more speed than Justin. I don't know if I've ever seen a back get more out of his natural ability than Justin Jackson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT