ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl - I'm shocked!

villox

Aug 19, 2008
What? No posts on here about how Fitz or McCall wouldn't have run the ball either? Perhaps with a reference to Justin Jackson?

Man the board naysayers are getting rusty.

What about the Pats giving up a TD right before halftime? Classic 'Cats!

Re: You missed one

Malcolm Butler was a no-star player coming out of HS. I can't even find him on rivals or scout database.

This post was edited on 2/2 9:24 AM by TejasCat

How about both QBs throwing goal line interceptions? If that's the mark of a Super Bowl QB, then the Bears should hang on to Cutler.

Or how about Belichick not calling his timeouts in the last minute? If Seattle scores with no time left for a comeback, he would have been second guessed almost as much as that goal line pass.

Tejas, I thought I read or heard that he was not eligible to play while in high school.

After watching the Ohio State v. Alabama game and the Super Bowl, it it pretty clear to me that you can question the clock management and play calling abilities of any coach in any close game, including 4 of the best coaches in the history of colllege and the pro's. I won't defend the half-time adjustments of our coaches this year or some of their overall game plans, but I would ask the second guessers to keep that in mind when you are criticizing individual plays or the next time we have to burn a timeout. It's not as easy at it looks at home or in the stands.

Alot of players develop over time . Unfortunately no un players were on any playoff team roster. That leads to serious questions regarding the development of players. We simply havent developed players enuf to have any serious nu representation in the nfl.

Randy walker developed players. We dont. Sorry.

There's at least an argument for that -- you're winning the game, the other team needs a TD, so don't give them any extra time to make decisions.

I don't even have a problem with Seattle throwing a pass in that situation, just not that pass.

As soon as I saw Wilson drop back into shotgun formation I yelled "oh my god...they're going to pass it, that's crazy!" and we all know how events unfolded from there.

At the time, I was thinking if they hand it to Lynch, he'd probably get stuffed right at the line. The Pats had their entire defense lined up to stop him and they'd been winning the short yard battles on the line all day. I was thinking that the smarter play would be to fake the handoff to Lynch and bootleg Russell Wilson (aka- one of the League's best running QB's) around either on a keeper or the with the option to toss it if his receiver was free.

Yuck. Can't stomach the Patriots. Oh well, in a few years no one will remember who won anyway...

This always gets a lot of publicity, but, really, it's as it should be -- less than one percent of all high school prospects are five-stars each year. Four-stars make up about 10 percent of the total pool and they were over-represented, as eight of the 44 starters for both teams combined were four-stars (18 percent). (I'm not counting kickers/punters, who are rarely rated.)

We Board "naysayers" were too busy eagerly awaiting some optimistic self-proclaimed true fan making a douchey post attacking straw men.

Daniele_zing.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT