ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy's W-R Review

I get a chuckle out of the fact that it will be someone's job to dress the statues in the main lobby before every game.

I hope people who are going tonight come back here with lots of first-hand reports - on the team and the arena.

One error....the dirt running track wasn't a level above the court, it was on the floor of the arena. Tex Winter brought in an elevated court when he took over.

I think he is referencing the two lane track behind the 100 level that doubled as a concourse.

" Alcohol is available only in the Wilson Club, where donors schmooze before and during games." BOO

Is the Wilson club mentioned above named for Dean Ed Wilson from Kellogg? I recall him being a big 'Cat booster back in the early 90's when there weren't many out there. If so, well deserved.

Is the Wilson club mentioned above named for Dean Ed Wilson from Kellogg? I recall him being a big 'Cat booster back in the early 90's when there weren't many out there. If so, well deserved.

Pretty sure it's Stephen R. Wilson (Kellogg '74), who's a prominent donor in his own regard.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Looks pretty amazing to me, although I'm not sure the pictures really do it proper justice. I won't be in Chicago until December to stop by for a game. I do hope that those going tonight are able to snap some pics and post them. Thanks in advance!!

Does anyone know what was done to the area behind the north stands, where the practice court was located? Thanks.

It'll be a safe space for you to decry the lack of more seats for all those Chicago sports fans that couldn't fit in the stadium.

Reactions: CatChatAR
Converted to three very spacious locker rooms for Men's and Women's hoops and volleyball and to the mechanics for the building.

Looking forward to watching on BTNplus. One month membership for $14.95 is worth it for preseason games.

Reading that has me even more excited for tonight. A couple of highlights:

- "The top row could fit inside the 200 level at the United Center." Yes, making it intimate, with the balcony as close to the floor as possible is the way to do it.
- "The Levy concessions will feature NU-themed specialties such as the Wildcat beef sandwich with purple giardiniera and cheese curds with wild or mild sauce, and themed portables on certain nights will have items such as walking tacos and loaded baked potatoes." It's like they asked what I would want for concession items. I can't remember the last time I bought a concession item at WRA.
- "And four rows of seating on the upper concourse, above the students, will remind you of Butler’s Hinkle Fieldhouse. “We played there a couple of years ago, and it was an excruciating loss,” Phillips said. But the visit gave the NU crew an idea: balcony seats close to the court." I was at that game and I sat in the balcony behind one of the baskets. And it absolutely influenced my decision to get season tickets there.

Reactions: IGNORE2
One of the things I love about Hinkle is all the natural light and the openness in the cheap seats.

Looking forward to watching on BTNplus. One month membership for $14.95 is worth it for preseason games.
can we buy that and watch all the games on our cell? I'm on the NBA, MLB passes, and NFL and watch all sports on my phone but all my teams are out of state. If I were a Cubs fan I wouldn't be able to watch the Cubs due to local blackouts. My only interest in any BTNplus plan would be to watch NU games while at work on my cell but I imagine blackout restrictions apply??

can we buy that and watch all the games on our cell? I'm on the NBA, MLB passes, and NFL and watch all sports on my phone but all my teams are out of state. If I were a Cubs fan I wouldn't be able to watch the Cubs due to local blackouts. My only interest in any BTNplus plan would be to watch NU games while at work on my cell but I imagine blackout restrictions apply??

yes. it's through the Big Ten Network website. Just remember to cancel it before the end of November. I don't and pay all year

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Wicker Park - I bet he has the answer to this query

yes. it's through the Big Ten Network website. Just remember to cancel it before the end of November. I don't and pay all year
Don't cancel! You can watch all NU sports, - soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, women's Bball if not on BTN.

There's lots more sports than basketball and football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT