ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to Vic and Dererk

Alan Smithee

Aug 13, 2002
Their key contributions to our program's first and only trip to the tournament are without question.

I sincerely don't know why the team wasn't a lot better in their Junior and Senior seasons. It wasn't for any lack of effort on their part that I could see, but I'll probably remain mystified.

That said, with another nod of appreciation for their efforts, I confess that I'm glad this turd of a season is over.

Their key contributions to our program's first and only trip to the tournament are without question.

I sincerely don't know why the team wasn't a lot better in their Junior and Senior seasons. It wasn't for any lack of effort on their part that I could see, but I'll probably remain mystified.

That said, with another nod of appreciation for their efforts, I confess that I'm glad this turd of a season is over.
Ditto. I seriously did not believe that we would play in an NCAA tournament in my lifetime, much less win a game. Vic and DP made that happen.Feel so bad for Vic having to watch tonight; we easily win thus game with him the way we were playing, imo.

Vic Law's commitment to this program was the first sign that the Chris Collins era might bear some fruit. The guy fought through so much, provided many highlights, led his teammates with class, and represented Northwestern in the way we all love.

Dererk Pardon was the kind of center we pined for for at least my entire time watching this program, since 2006. He burst onto the scene when he selflessly gave up a redshirt year and went for 27 and 12 in his second game, had a ferocious motor that never quit, made the most clutch buzzer-beating, Dance-clinching catch and finish in Northwestern history, then followed that with six most clutch free throws in Northwestern history. Most importantly, he led his teammates with class and represented Northwestern in the way we all love.

Congrats to both Vic and Dererk on successful careers and to graduating into their chosen fields. I hope their careers continue somewhere if they wish and thank them for all the memories they provided us.

These were (nearly) my thoughts exactly after the game, though my version was slightly less complimentary of this season. I will miss watching Law and Pardon in purple.

Two of my NU favs!!

Did you ever see either of them dog it for a moment?

Both worked at their game continuously and improved each year.

And I love how they worked to get the spirit of the program back on track this year.

It's always been my feeling Law has been a leader in this program since before he stepped on campus as a freshman.

Two of my NU favs!!

Did you ever see either of them dog it for a moment?

Both worked at their game continuously and improved each year.

And I love how they worked to get the spirit of the program back on track this year.

It's always been my feeling Law has been a leader in this program since before he stepped on campus as a freshman.
Probably not too far off.

Amen. Thank you to Vic and Dererk in a big way. Excellent players, excellent people, excellent contributions to the university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT