ADVERTISEMENT

The Fat Cat Seats

Medill90

Jan 30, 2011
Is there any way to work with the administration so that the paid for but unused fat cat seats go to NU fans or kids/families in the community?

I'd be happy to stop bitching about this for a season or two and instead put some sweat equity into working with the schools and other groups in Evanston to fill NU seats with NU fans.

I think Lake the Posts used to do this for football...but maybe that was transactional...don't recall.

This is about the non con games.

Is there any way to work with the administration so that the paid for but unused fat cat seats go to NU fans or kids/families in the community?

I'd be happy to stop bitching about this for a season or two and instead put some sweat equity into working with the schools and other groups in Evanston to fill NU seats with NU fans.

I think Lake the Posts used to do this for football...but maybe that was transactional...don't recall.

This is about the non con games.

The ticket office does seem to do at least part of what you're suggesting -- when I need a few tickets, my reps have always found a way to get me something good -- but I'd love it if they would promote the concept a bit more, and use the tickets to further build support for the 'Cats in the local community: A flyer with the tickets encouraging you to donate those you're not going to be able to use. An email every once in awhile describing how you can donate your tickets back to Northwestern to be passed on to local organizations, etc.

I don't expect the "lower bowl" be an issue against stronger opponents, but it would be nice to have the place teeming with fans every night!

Northwestern has some fans who are so passionate about the 'Cats that they buy season tickets even though they can't come to every game, or even live hundreds of miles away. Let's make it easier for that to be a win/win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT