ADVERTISEMENT

The Franchise Says Thanks

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
AWalk graduated this week and is bound for the NFL. In his Thank You statement I found this interesting nugget:

"Thank you, Northwestern, for giving me a coach that wasn't afraid to tell me that I wasn't good enough to play football in the Big Ten. Without this coach, I don't know how my career at Northwestern would have played out. This coach inspired an entirely new person inside of me and made me realize that I was wasting an opportunity that many of my childhood friends dreamed of. I was just happy to be playing Division I football. I knew that I had to make the most of this opportunity and every day after that conversation I vowed to do that. Thank you, Northwestern, for coach Marty Long."

Not his position coach, not the DC, not the head coach......Coach Long can be proud of what he inspired.

http://www.nusports.com/news/2017/6/15/football-dear-northwestern-anthony-walker-jr.aspx

AWalk graduated this week and is bound for the NFL. In his Thank You statement I found this interesting nugget:

"Thank you, Northwestern, for giving me a coach that wasn't afraid to tell me that I wasn't good enough to play football in the Big Ten. Without this coach, I don't know how my career at Northwestern would have played out. This coach inspired an entirely new person inside of me and made me realize that I was wasting an opportunity that many of my childhood friends dreamed of. I was just happy to be playing Division I football. I knew that I had to make the most of this opportunity and every day after that conversation I vowed to do that. Thank you, Northwestern, for coach Marty Long."

Not his position coach, not the DC, not the head coach......Coach Long can be proud of what he inspired.

http://www.nusports.com/news/2017/6/15/football-dear-northwestern-anthony-walker-jr.aspx

That is awesome. Takes courage and integrity for a coach to speak with honesty. Takes courage for a player to hear those words and re-engage for whatever reasons. Again - we are blessed to have such great young men and terrific coaches representing our university!!!

Thank you for posting that. I love reading that kind of stuff. Little does he know that starting in about a week or two he will receive nonstop solicitations from the Alumni Association , the athletic department, and the Universityfor the rest of this life requesting contributions. Oh well, that's life, welcome to the alumni family, AWalk.

If Florida can immortalize a quote from Tim review. We sure should turn this into a plaque hanging in the defense room or a main training room for the entire team to see every day.

Hell this is a great quote for all athletes at northwestern

Thank you for posting that. I love reading that kind of stuff. Little does he know that starting in about a week or two he will receive nonstop solicitations from the Alumni Association , the athletic department, and the Universityfor the rest of this life requesting contributions. Oh well, that's life, welcome to the alumni family, AWalk.
Scholarships (or in my case, financial aid) are essentially a long term loan that you need to pay forward. I don't mind sending them some money every year. Pay it forward

???... Not sure the point, I've proudly donated every year since graduation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT