ADVERTISEMENT

The Problem of Fitz

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be panning out thus far. They definitely are not panning out for the Cats though. The DC is a disaster and the OC, although better isn't exactly setting the offense on fire either.
JON'S defense has burst into flames tho

What PF rarely does is play freshmen as a whole. So when would this magical 'savior' class get B1G ready as starters. What was criminal last season was PF keeping Seniors on the field when it was CLEAR that the season was lost. That was time to help evaluate underclassmen and gain them experience. That tells me he doesn't know how to run a program. Look at Clemson a year back. They pulled the plug on Seniors when the season was unsalvageable.

Fitz need to leave and go coach 8 man football in rural Iowa or something. He is over his head and is being out-coached by all who oppose him. He is going to save Brian Ferentz' career.
4th and 4 and he goes for it. Doesn't kick a FG. We go up 17-14. Even if MU comes down and kicks one also the game is tied and we go to OT.

Then with 2:03 Fitz doesn't start calling TO. Leaves his team with :20 and no time outs to try to get in FG range that he doesn't have any confidence in anyway. I know HS coaches who can out-coach this guy.

4th and 4 and he goes for it. Doesn't kick a FG. We go up 17-14. Even if MU comes down and kicks one also the game is tied and we go to OT.

Then with 2:03 Fitz doesn't start calling TO. Leaves his team with :20 and no time outs to try to get in FG range that he doesn't have any confidence in anyway. I know HS coaches who can out-coach this guy.
The problem: even though we are a Poindexter school, we can't seem to recruit kickers. Koobs was dreadful for like 3 straight years, but, apparently nobody was better. Then we get a transfer who is mysteriously injured. How the heck does a kicker get injured in practice and miss a month?!?!? And, of course, no news.

Adam Stage, is he a walk-on? He had all touchbacks yesterday so he's improving. Can't he kick a 35 yarder? Apparently he is missing them in practice? I was on the East Side yesterday, sadly looking at Budzien's name on the west facing. He's the only money kicker we've had since...Tim Long?

What a sh1tshow

The problem: even though we are a Poindexter school, we can't seem to recruit kickers. Koobs was dreadful for like 3 straight years, but, apparently nobody was better. Then we get a transfer who is mysteriously injured. How the heck does a kicker get injured in practice and miss a month?!?!? And, of course, no news.

Adam Stage, is he a walk-on? He had all touchbacks yesterday so he's improving. Can't he kick a 35 yarder? Apparently he is missing them in practice? I was on the East Side yesterday, sadly looking at Budzien's name on the west facing. He's the only money kicker we've had since...Tim Long?

What a sh1tshow
I think Fitz doesn't care or think its important. We've lost games because of this over and over. Its compulsive on his part. We all know once inside the 45 yd line he is going for it. Opposing coaches know it.

Tell me there isn't a soccer or rugby player (men or women's) on that campus who can't kick a 35 yard field goal consistently? I'd tell you that anybody who can gets a scholarship on the spot. There should be a line 35 yards long at the try out.

Reactions: IGNORE2
The data confirms it again.

The results are in and 100% of the posters now agree that the DC should go.
CatManTrue was right, after the msu game when he highly suggested ie., JON doesnt know what he is doing.

But there is 1 holdout to side with madness and it is Fitz.

If we carefully look at TPOF this is the exact sorta thing we should expect.

Fitz caught a break and has a new AD who wants to play it safe so the only way to stop Fitz' madness is for Pat Ryan to have a meeting telling him that he needs to make the wanted changes.

Separately, i think the problem is greater than JON. Fitz must go. It simply isnt good enough to say nobody real wants to come here and coach under him and that recruits avoid us like the plague now.

It was only a couple years ago that FloridaAlum was telling us Fitz was one of the best coaches in the B10. How quickly they flip.

It was only a couple years ago that FloridaAlum was telling us Fitz was one of the best coaches in the B10. How quickly they flip.
It was only a couple of years ago that Fitz was in fact COTY in the B1G and recipient of the Dodd COTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT