ADVERTISEMENT

The refs fucking suck. Pure trash

Pretty sure Green is one of the refs doing this Purdue @ Indiana game tonight.

Can he make it 3 for 3 this week in games where he almost personally decides the outcome??
For now the refs are letting the players be extremely physical. IMO IU is getting away with a lot, 3 less fouls than Purdue. Bit of a home bias going on

For now the refs are letting the players be extremely physical. IMO IU is getting away with a lot, 3 less fouls than Purdue. Bit of a home bias going on
Sounds like last night. RU was extremely physical on the D end and Iowa had 7 or 8 team fouls in the 2nd half before Rutgers was given their second foul.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
And we missed the sure basket after the steal which resulted in lost time and points for the Cats.
For sure...and the Cats missed the incredible blocked shot that would have led to the sure three-pointer after the sure basket after the steal which resulted in lost time and points for the Cats.

But, not only that, the Cats missed the sure stolen inbounds pass after the sure three-pointer off the incredible blocked shot that would have led to the certain 360 windmill jam that would have happened after the missed block shot that led to the sure three-pointer after the sure basket after the steal...all of which resulted in lost time and points for the Cats. Cats actually won that game by 10.

For sure...and the Cats missed the incredible blocked shot that would have led to the sure three-pointer after the sure basket after the steal which resulted in lost time and points for the Cats.

But, not only that, the Cats missed the sure stolen inbounds pass after the sure three-pointer off the incredible blocked shot that would have led to the certain 360 windmill jam that would have happened after the missed block shot that led to the sure three-pointer after the sure basket after the steal...all of which resulted in lost time and points for the Cats. Cats actually won that game by 10.
Chaos theory in all its glory. I am proud of how hard you worked on your sarcastic response. I must really have fired you up. 🔥🔥🔥

Chaos theory in all its glory. I am proud of how hard you worked on your sarcastic response. I must really have fired you up. 🔥🔥🔥
Anybody who thinks Audige wouldn't have picked up that slowly rolling ball and dunked it is intentionally being a moron.
So its 80-78 Wisconsin with 25 seconds to go and Wisconsin needs to get the ball inbounds as they are collapsing.

Or we can be idiots and pretend something else.

Anybody who thinks Audige wouldn't have picked up that slowly rolling ball and dunked it is intentionally being a moron.
So its 80-78 Wisconsin with 25 seconds to go and Wisconsin needs to get the ball inbounds as they are collapsing.

Or we can be idiots and pretend something else.
Totally. And then we get the sure three-pointer off the obvious steal of the inbounds pass and we're on our way to that 10-point victory. I don't know why they even play the games. If the refs just weren't full of jealous rage against Northwestern (and Chris Collins played Matt Nicholson 35 minutes a game), the team would be undefeated. :rolleyes:

I'm just proud I was able to get a three-fire response from you. If only I had it in me to get a full four-fire, I could relax and focus on all of the ways the Cats are conspired against instead of all of the opportunities they let slip away.

I'm just proud I was able to get a three-fire response from you. If only I had it in me to get a full four-fire, I could relax and focus on all of the ways the Cats are conspired against instead of all of the opportunities they let slip away.
Was your dad a referee or something? I get your initial response earlier in the week when this topic was raging after the MSU game. Fine - disagree and present the other side. You did that. Clearly, people here want to continue venting on this topic whether because they really believe it or are just releasing some frustration, but I don't entirely get what you get out of this discussion other than just a reason to poke people.

So, you think we're being silly. Fine. Roll your eyes and move on to the next thread. I don't see why you bother engaging if you think people are being ridiculous.

Was your dad a referee or something? I get your initial response earlier in the week when this topic was raging after the MSU game. Fine - disagree and present the other side. You did that. Clearly, people here want to continue venting on this topic whether because they really believe it or are just releasing some frustration, but I don't entirely get what you get out of this discussion other than just a reason to poke people.

So, you think we're being silly. Fine. Roll your eyes and move on to the next thread. I don't see why you bother engaging if you think people are being ridiculous.
I suspect it's a similar reason to the one that made you respond, but your point is well taken.

I suspect it's a similar reason to the one that made you respond, but your point is well taken.

I think the question is simple. Taken as a single game, do you think the game with Wisky was a well officiated game?

Do you really think people aren’t going to bitch about officiating no matter how much you ridicule them?

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
While that's possible, I don't presume bad faith on the part of the refs. Even when I see evidence of bias, I expect it is largely unconscious on their part.
If it's not bad faith, then it's naked incompetence. Should be fired either way.

Totally. And then we get the sure three-pointer off the obvious steal of the inbounds pass and we're on our way to that 10-point victory. I don't know why they even play the games. If the refs just weren't full of jealous rage against Northwestern (and Chris Collins played Matt Nicholson 35 minutes a game), the team would be undefeated. :rolleyes:
I'm talking about the obvious. Audige would have scored and cut the lead to 2.
Instead Wisconsin was up 4 and shooting free throws.
Sure, a squirrel could have run out on the court and tripped Audige, but if thats what you're relying on to continue your asinine narrative, then maybe take a step back and re-think it.

I'm talking about the obvious. Audige would have scored and cut the lead to 2.
Instead Wisconsin was up 4 and shooting free throws.
Sure, a squirrel could have run out on the court and tripped Audige, but if thats what you're relying on to continue your asinine narrative, then maybe take a step back and re-think it.
With all due respect, there are lots of different possible outcomes there.

Audidge could have cleanly grabbed the ball, changed course to make a simple layup, and the pressure of the situation could have caused Wisconsin to crumble. He could have scooped up the ball less cleanly and a Wisconsin player could have fouled him on his way up in a way that led to a horrible season ending injury. He could have gone up and thrown down a monster dunk while being flagrantly fouled and Northwestern gets 1 and the ball. He could have dunked and gotten a technical for taunting. He could have missed a layup. He could have gotten the ball, scored and Wisconsin inbounded, was fouled, and won the game anyway.

You may peg yourself a master prognosticator, but I am confident only that I can't predict the future or guarantee what would have happened in a parallel universe. Instead, I try to focus on what actually did happen and what the team can actually control - make layups, make free throws (particularly the front end of 1-and-1's), defend better so your opponent doesn't shoot 52% from the field. IMHO, the refs don't have it out for the Cats. They didn't cost Northwestern that game. Northwestern cost Northwestern that game and such is life. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT