ADVERTISEMENT

The Screamer Has Been Silenced

You have to click through the link, then again on the photos to see her; woman who paid for front row tickets immediately in front of The Screamer plugging her ears to try in earnest to block out the noise:

LOL!

She's sitting next to the GD student section. Dear god what did she expect? Catered service with white-gloved butlers?

Maybe we should just make NU games like a golf tournament. No talking or shouting. Only clapping with some occasional cheering after a point.

... our "sold out," "few tickets available," brand new arena filled to the rafters with orange and gold, with a half-empty, cordoned-off club for rich people who don't show, then coming here to see some of our most devoted supporters ripping on the people who are there.

Standing O!!!!

But of course, there won't be 1200 views and three pages of disgust at the lack of atmosphere, interest or involvement. Only whining about the chick who has seven more games in her college career.

Reactions: rwhitney014
... And please don't let them don't play any of that rock-n-rap music ...

Man, don't even joke about that!!

I've been meaning to say for awhile that one of the best upgrades that nobody has talked about is the DJ. EXCELLENT addition instead of the same music at every timeout.

Screamergate has me thinking the DJ will be gone at someone's request in the next year.

Better than a screamer.

Bands are a kind of "built in" feature of college sports. Constant high-pitched screaming is not.
Please. You of all people should understand the environment of a major sporting event at NU compared to any other Big time University. To use a Turk phrase it is not up to par. Is there Anything out there you oppose that NU does? This could have been handled much better. In fact, letting her be is better than what they did. They stifled her. Turned her from the screamer to a church mouse. They cut her down to her knees, by basically telling to STFU you can’t cheer the way you have been cheering the last 3.5 years.

I would like to know if most of the people on here saying NU did the right thing actually go to the games or as I suspect, take on their self appointed role to protect all and insure what they consider common decency. We wonder why we can’t get any enthusiasm at games. The enemy is within, telling you to sit down, lower your tone and behave like we do. It’s a joke NU put any non-student, right in front of the students. Get a clue. Let’s not act like she is sitting in the Wilson Club or right behind Jon Crispin. That’s a completely different scenario. Typical NU PC move. This NU move fired me up. It’s off my chest, I am ok now.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Please. You of all people should understand the environment of a major sporting event at NU compared to any other Big time University. To use a Turk phrase it is not up to par. Is there Anything out there you oppose that NU does? This could have been handled much better. In fact, letting her be is better than what they did. They stifled her. Turned her from the screamer to a church mouse. They cut her down to her knees, by basically telling to STFU you can’t cheer the way you have been cheering the last 3.5 years.

I would like to know if most of the people on here saying NU did the right thing actually go to the games or as I suspect, take on their self appointed role to protect all and insure what they consider common decency. We wonder why we can’t get any enthusiasm at games. The enemy is within, telling you to sit down, lower your tone and behave like we do. It’s a joke NU put any non-student, right in front of the students. Get a clue. Let’s not act like she is sitting in the Wilson Club or right behind Jon Crispin. That’s a completely different scenario. Typical NU PC move. This NU move fired me up. It’s off my chest, I am ok now.
So im sitting here in an after work sports pub and this is what I see.
I cant help but imagine that other students will sympathize and maybe protest by staying away since NU doesnt want students to scream...or just her.
This season is going into the PR nightmare toilet.
Bring her screams back. Back the way it was.

Gasp!

Public nightmare! What are we going to do, even national attention?!! Oh dear.

As we try to eradicate the image of laughstock sports program, you want to replace with this item. Boo hoo, you are thick.

We don’t agree on much, but, as Mike says, [x]getsit.

I suspect she would have drive me nuts. Still, compare to the past, the status quo, the marshmellow wars... stupid admin decision. Dumb, dumb, dumb. And those that can’t see it are oblivious.

One hell of a high horse you got yourself there.

I’m as enthusiastic and loud as anyone. I’m the guy in the “blue hair” section that gets shouted at to sit on third down.

The Shrieker is annoying, not just loud.

You know, for someone who bitches about others arguing the exception so much, you're really quick to resort to it yourself. There are maybe what...10 seats on that side of the court (in front of the effin' student section which is a DUUUUUMB place to put anyone). If no one else gave away their tickets in, say, Sections 107-109 and the Wilson Club, I'd be more than fine having opposing fans in front of the student section (which, to reiterate, is a dumb place to put big time donors and/or STHs).
Yeah, this picture got me worked up. We have one woman plugging her ears so it’s settled, Emily has to stifle it. It’s exactly arguing the exception as there isn’t another person in the photo doing anything similar. Hey, but it fits the narrative. Here’s a thought how about we move this likely high roller into an unoccupied seat in the Wilson Club?

Yeah, this picture got me worked up. We have one woman plugging her ears so it’s settled, Emily has to stifle it. It’s exactly arguing the exception as there isn’t another person in the photo doing anything similar. Hey, but it fits the narrative. Here’s a thought how about we move this likely high roller into an unoccupied seat in the Wilson Club?

All the articles cite multiple complaints from both fans and TV producers/execs.

i swear the wilson club seats looked 30% full. I sit directly across and there were dozens in the actual club and not sitting in their seats. My guest wondered why the best seats were empty so i pointed to the club.
Those are our best supporters but if they arent going to frequent their seats then maybe donate the seats to others.

i swear the wilson club seats looked 30% full. I sit directly across and there were dozens in the actual club and not sitting in their seats. My guest wondered why the best seats were empty so i pointed to the club.
Those are our best supporters but if they arent going to frequent their seats then maybe donate the seats to others.

Any chance you sit “next” to Turk?

Oh cool, WickerTurk has found yet another topic to troll people about...
You still trolling?
Actually, this story is nationwide and has gone viral. Not sure where it is headed. Are you saying that we can't talk about this on here even though it's acros the entire nation now?

New York Daily News

St Louis News
https://stlouis.cbslocal.com/video/...he-shrieker-quieted-by-northwestern-official/

Chicago Channel 7
https://abc7chicago.com/sports/northwestern-silences-superfan-known-for-distinctive-shriek/5056645/

You still trolling?
Actually, this story is nationwide and has gone viral. Not sure where it is headed. Are you saying that we can't talk about this on here even though it's acros the entire nation now?

New York Daily News

St Louis News
https://stlouis.cbslocal.com/video/...he-shrieker-quieted-by-northwestern-official/

Chicago Channel 7
https://abc7chicago.com/sports/northwestern-silences-superfan-known-for-distinctive-shriek/5056645/
Uh, there is a difference between an honest discussion and the attacking back and forth that has been going on ITT. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Uh, there is a difference between an honest discussion and the attacking back and forth that has been going on ITT. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
I haven't read this entire thread, but if there is attacking then I'm glad I didn't. I skimmed things over this midnight beer I'm enjoying and all I saw was an entertaining thread about how you stole Xyzbob's screenname over some sorta preseason bet. Funny and good stuff in this otherwise offseason.

Reactions: mikewebb68
I haven't read this entire thread, but if there is attacking then I'm glad I didn't. I skimmed things over this midnight beer I'm enjoying and all I saw was an entertaining thread about how you stole Xyzbob's screenname over some sorta preseason bet. Funny and good stuff in this otherwise offseason.
Yeah, there's been a lot of attacks back and forth in this thread. The Xbob renaming thread was far more entertaining, and he was a good sport about all of it. And I actually think his new screenname will be quite a hit!

One hell of a high horse you got yourself there.

I’m as enthusiastic and loud as anyone. I’m the guy in the “blue hair” section that gets shouted at to sit on third down.

The Shrieker is annoying, not just loud.

You're sounding just like a guy in the blue hair section, so seems like the ticket office got something right. ;)

I'm always amused by people who insist that their level of "obnoxious" fan behavior is just the right amount. :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's been a lot of attacks back and forth in this thread. The Xbob renaming thread was far more entertaining, and he was a good sport about all of it. And I actually think his new screenname will be quite a hit!
when will we find out xyzbob's new screen name?

Nonsense. She sucks and I'm glad she has been asked to stop. No more Nerdwestern nonsense. There are plenty of ways to get excited and cheer for your team without annoying everyone trying to watch the game.

Nonsense. She sucks and I'm glad she has been asked to stop. No more Nerdwestern nonsense. There are plenty of ways to get excited and cheer for your team without annoying everyone trying to watch the game.
Lol. Ok, guess you opinion is the right one, supported by what? A ridiculous photo that somehow proves the point because the administration has the “brains” to put a doner in front of the student section. Where are your seats? Does she bother you? Do you encourage everyone to vote and then tell them who they should vote for?

Sometimes people would complain about “Nerdwestern” are the reason policies are changed and it remains Nerdwestern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT