ADVERTISEMENT

The Seven Stages of NUFB Grief

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
1. Disbelief: MSU 38 - NU 17. How in the hell does Kenneth Walker run all over this defense?
2. Denial: Duke 30 - NU 23. We almost came back and won that after that horrible half from HuJo. If Marty doesn't go down, we win the game. The defense had a shutout in the second half!
3. Pain: UNL 56 NU 7. Fire JON. Fire Fitz. Fire Willy.
4. Bargaining: NU 21 RU 7. We can still be bowl eligible.
5. Anger: Minnesota 41 NU 14. F***ing rowboats.
6. Depression: Iowa 17 NU 12. I am going to read some Cormac McCarthy to feel better.
7 Acceptance: Wisconsin 35 NU 7. Man, we suck.

1. Disbelief: MSU 38 - NU 17. How in the hell does Kenneth Walker run all over this defense?
2. Denial: Duke 30 - NU 23. We almost came back and won that after that horrible half from HuJo. If Marty doesn't go down, we win the game. The defense had a shutout in the second half!
6. Depression: Iowa 17 NU 12. I am going to read some Cormac McCarthy to feel better.
I reached 6 after the UNL game and 7 after Minnesota. Today was spent merely in relief that I never got Wrigley tickets squared away.

I assume 8 will be Indifference and 9 will be Hope.

1000% This!!

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Pretty much, I wrote in the prediction thread that I was expecting an ugly result, and I think every single one of our fans (even our most hopeful) realized that this team is what it is after today.

There's no sugarcoating that this is probably one of the worst teams we've fielded in decades.

Hopefully Fitz gets us ready to try to beat Illinois to retain the hat, but that's about all that I can see left in this season. We need a hefty upgrades everywhere.

One bright note this season has been Stephon Robinson; he's been great. Just a shame he's not on one of our good teams. A couple other solid players as well, but like we're at such a disadvantage at so many positions that there's not much we can do (especially on offense).

Reactions: Alan Smithee
I accept it! Lol

So whats the 8th if we lose to Illinois?.....choices dont seem good

There are seven stages today, but there are more to come. Not only the next two games either. Would any fan be surprised to see Fitz just stand behind the coaches he hired? Expect at least one more season like this one.

Sure was fun when NU was competitive.

This has been an extremely tough year. Luckily NU has been able to bounce back from bad years in recent history, but what if they don’t? I don’t expect NU to win the division every year or even every other year, but I want them to be competitive. If they string 2 of 3 bad years like this together, it could destroy all good they have built over the last decade.

There is bad, and then there is really bad. This is the really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT