ADVERTISEMENT

There is a season about to start

mesacat

May 29, 2001
The Athletic's Austin Mock just published his model's prediction for the Big Ten # of wins. NU was at 4.5 tied with Rutgers at 11th and above MSU and Indiana. Since I am new to the Athletic I don't know how accurate his model has been in the past but fear recent events may have made earlier assumptions invalid.
Still there may be some hope.

The Athletic's Austin Mock just published his model's prediction for the Big Ten # of wins. NU was at 4.5 tied with Rutgers at 11th and above MSU and Indiana. Since I am new to the Athletic I don't know how accurate his model has been in the past but fear recent events may have made earlier assumptions invalid.
That seems high.

Reactions: NUCat320
Man, how far has MSU fallen. They were threatening the big boys just two years ago. Now, they are picked below the team that just lost it's coach to a scandal a couple weeks before training camps open.

I think 4.5 is optimistic, but it'll all be about how Braun turns out and how much buy in he can get. There are some talented transfers coming in with Bryant and Henning, and there are opportunities on the schedule. 1 or 2 wins is a very real possibility if the team checks out or can't coalesce, but if Braun gets them in gear then Howard and UTEP should be guarantees, Rutgers is winnable and Nebraska and Purdue have new coaches as well.

I'd take the under for now, but there's an avenue to the over.

Sure
about that. Muson said 30% chance of no season. But if that happened carnage would be even worse if that is possible

Man, how far has MSU fallen. They were threatening the big boys just two years ago. Now, they are picked below the team that just lost it's coach to a scandal a couple weeks before training camp
An example why the portal is probably not a long term fix. They had one spectaular year due to the portal and then huge falloff. You live by the portal, you die by the portal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT