ADVERTISEMENT

What to expect from the student section today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find a slight irony in criticizing NU’s student section for calling out a player on a team that once featured this coach:

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I must say I've been disgusted with the student section the last two games. The University makes a point of outlining proper behavior in the arena in their pre-game announcement to respect all in attendance in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.. It's quite a long list. The student section should listen to that message, as should our athletic director and basketball coach.

In the Purdue game, when Purdue's Mason Gillis got the ball, the student section chanted "DUI, DUI", mocking this young man because of a past alcohol problem, possibly due to the chronic disease of alcoholism. I hope he can get the proper treatment. In the Indiana game our former player Miller Kopp received the chant "f*** you Miller" when he touched the ball. Maybe Miller didn't live up to expectations during his time here, but here's a young man who tried to better himself by transferring to another university. For this he deserves to be the object of an obscene chant? Where were the head basketball coach and the athletic director, the two people most able to stop the chants, when this was happening? One or both should have been on the PA announcer's mike, telling the students to stop.

Coach Collins and Dr. Bragg may get another chance today. Patrick McCaffery has missed several recent games due to an anxiety disorder, and is now back playing. I'm curious if the student section will think this is funny as well, and mock Patrick for having anxiety. If so, it's an opportunity for Coach Collins and Dr. Bragg to finally step up and do the right thing.
I can understand your concern and disappointment with the behavior of the student section at recent games; Anxiety disorders and other mental health challenges are a serious issue affecting many individuals, including athletes. It's never appropriate to mock or belittle someone for their struggles or challenges, and we should all work to promote understanding and support for those dealing with mental health issues, creating a positive and respectful atmosphere at sporting events is the responsibility of everyone involved. By working together to promote respectful conduct and address inappropriate behavior, we can ensure that all attendees feel welcome and valued.

I can understand your concern and disappointment with the behavior of the student section at recent games; Anxiety disorders and other mental health challenges are a serious issue affecting many individuals, including athletes. It's never appropriate to mock or belittle someone for their struggles or challenges, and we should all work to promote understanding and support for those dealing with mental health issues, creating a positive and respectful atmosphere at sporting events is the responsibility of everyone involved. By working together to promote respectful conduct and address inappropriate behavior, we can ensure that all attendees feel welcome and valued.
Don’t know where this response came from.

Mason Gillis is a reckless asshole for blowing 3x BAC. He’s lucky he’s not dead, and I reveled in his total failure against FDU.

NU treated McCaffrey with respect.

I must say I've been disgusted with the student section the last two games. The University makes a point of outlining proper behavior in the arena in their pre-game announcement to respect all in attendance in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.. It's quite a long list. The student section should listen to that message, as should our athletic director and basketball coach.

In the Purdue game, when Purdue's Mason Gillis got the ball, the student section chanted "DUI, DUI", mocking this young man because of a past alcohol problem, possibly due to the chronic disease of alcoholism. I hope he can get the proper treatment. In the Indiana game our former player Miller Kopp received the chant "f*** you Miller" when he touched the ball. Maybe Miller didn't live up to expectations during his time here, but here's a young man who tried to better himself by transferring to another university. For this he deserves to be the object of an obscene chant? Where were the head basketball coach and the athletic director, the two people most able to stop the chants, when this was happening? One or both should have been on the PA announcer's mike, telling the students to stop.

Coach Collins and Dr. Bragg may get another chance today. Patrick McCaffery has missed several recent games due to an anxiety disorder, and is now back playing. I think his mother had better take care of his abortion when he was still young, because this hero plays very dishonestly, I myself did with the help of helpful resources a writing where I clarified why this happens, what do you think about this case? I'm curious if the student section will think this is funny as well, and mock Patrick for having anxiety. If so, it's an opportunity for Coach Collins and Dr. Bragg to finally step up and do the right thing.
I agree that Mason Gillis should not exist, I hope in the next series it will not participate.

Hello Wokebot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT