ADVERTISEMENT

They are who we thought they were.

SpiroCAT

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2020
Absolutely brutal night for the men's BB team last night. The CATS fielded an upperclassmen laden team against a much younger Ohio State team. They just aren't that good. Collins did not do any kind of job getting them ready for this game.

Absolutely brutal night for the men's BB team last night. The CATS fielded an upperclassmen laden team against a much younger Ohio State team. They just aren't that good. Collins did not do any kind of job getting them ready for this game.

Are they not that good or were they not ready? Pick a lane.

I was super frustrated at the game last night. On reflection, I suspect the importance of the game got built up way to much, they were feeling too much pressure to win, and let it get to them. They may not be the best team, but they are a lot better than they played last night.

I was super frustrated at the game last night. On reflection, I suspect the importance of the game got built up way to much, they were feeling too much pressure to win, and let it get to them. They may not be the best team, but they are a lot better than they played last night.
Unlike say a tournament game or a must win game to get into the tournament

Unlike say a tournament game or a must win game to get into the tournament
I'm not sure where you're going with this, but what I think of is that the Cats similarly psyched themselves out in Utah several years ago when they lost a winnable game in some tournament.

Eh-- I wouldn't say they were that much younger. Sensebaugh is an awesome frosh, for sure. However, Sueing and the transfer McNeil are both seniors while Zed Key is a junior. And if you wanted to dig down even further: acc. to kenpom, OSU averages 2.43 years of D1 experience vs. NU's 2.49 years.

But, man, Sensebaugh looked smooooth.

Brutal loss. Boo playing 1 vs. 5. Nicholson picked up lots of rebounds but could not make a layup or a free throw. The defense was MIA in the first half. The worst shooting performance ever in the first half. Flush it and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT