ADVERTISEMENT

This is it. After this season, it's rebuilding time

No, during his redshirt year. There was real debate within the program about taking off his redshirt for the Illinois game to play as a true freshman after Trevor got hurt against Purdue because Thorson was showing a lot of promise in practice. The question was whether getting one game (potentially two as a W against Illinois could/would have earned a bowl game) as a true freshman was worth losing a full season from a presumed multi-year starter as a fifth-year senior. The decision was ultimately made that the benefits didn't outweigh the costs, which resulted in Oliver starting against Illinois in what turned out to be a debacle.

And, again, I don't have to show you proof because I know for a fact that this was a real discussion/decision that took place within the program.

Turk has difficulty understanding the truth and who really knows the truth in these situations.

No, during his redshirt year. There was real debate within the program about taking off his redshirt for the Illinois game to play as a true freshman after Trevor got hurt against Purdue because Thorson was showing a lot of promise in practice. The question was whether getting one game (potentially two as a W against Illinois could/would have earned a bowl game) as a true freshman was worth losing a full season from a presumed multi-year starter as a fifth-year senior. The decision was ultimately made that the benefits didn't outweigh the costs, which resulted in Oliver starting against Illinois in what turned out to be a debacle.

And, again, I don't have to show you proof because I know for a fact that this was a real discussion/decision that took place within the program.

Yes, I had people inside the program tell me Clayton was our best chance to win after TS went down. That was his true freshman year. Maybe it is s definition problem with Turk, but the prevailing thought was he was our best shot despite the fact that he would be limited in what they would expose him too. So we both have two different inside sources that both say the same thing, so I doubt it is BS.

Turk has difficulty understanding the truth and who really knows the truth in these situations.
I think yours is a misread. It is fine that gocatsgo wants to define, from a secondhand perspective, what Turk said, but post #70 Turk explained what he meant by giving an example. It is pretty clear that he didnt mean a "Leader" as in a starter but a leader that the coaches, fans, and players trust and believe in to get that winning TD.
CT was not that guy as gocatsgo suggested. I dont think any offensive player was, but Jackson was the one leaned on. The coaches absolutely never trusted or asked Clayton to win a game. He was only utilized to hand the ball off as Turk and everybody else, other than gocatsgo, know.

I think yours is a misread. It is fine that gocatsgo wants to define, from a secondhand perspective, what Turk said, but post #70 Turk explained what he meant by giving an example. It is pretty clear that he didnt mean a "Leader" as in a starter but a leader that the coaches, fans, and players trust and believe in to get that winning TD.
CT was not that guy as gocatsgo suggested. I dont think any offensive player was, but Jackson was the one leaned on. The coaches absolutely never trusted or asked Clayton to win a game. He was only utilized to hand the ball off as Turk and everybody else, other than gocatsgo, know.

Oh hey, Turk 2.0!!

I know some folks love conspiracy theories, but I am almost positive he is not Turk, never has been.let's say I am 95% certain. Not all folks who annoy you are the same person. You can be annoyed by multiple people.

Hence "2.0."

They had other strengths. Maybe we will have that next year if we have to develop a new QB. Persa didn't take long to learn but the growing pains with Kafka and CT were tough. I don't know the history of our underclassmen but I know Kafka barely knew the QB position and wasn't CT a wide receiver early on? Persa was pure QB walking in. Same with Baz but he had serious growing pains as well. We had a great luxury with our defense during CT's freshman season. Maybe other units will offer us better chances next year. Gotta get through this year first but nothing wrong with an eye towards the future.

My point is that is hard to really gauge this team (or any team) is going to look in 2018 before the 2017 season even begins. The 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes will be a significant part of that team and we haven't seen 95% of those kids play yet.

I know some folks love conspiracy theories, but I am almost positive he is not Turk, never has been.let's say I am 95% certain. Not all folks who annoy you are the same person. You can be annoyed by multiple people.
No, i am not Turk but I was a previous poster who complained numerous times about being bullied to no avail. So i created another handle and will never ever reveal my identity even though Im guessing you can figure out my location since you have my IP address.

I have never bought you a free drink although some day i wouldnt mind coming to one of your parties just to have a beer with GladesKat.

No, i am not Turk but I was a previous poster who complained numerous times about being bullied to no avail. So i created another handle and will never ever reveal my identity even though Im guessing you can figure out my location since you have my IP address.

I have never bought you a free drink although some day i wouldnt mind coming to one of your parties just to have a beer with GladesKat.

wickerpark = Stupor?

or the cheerleader dude, forget his name

There's not much worse as far as making it difficult for a fan to enjoy games during a season than thinking- "This is the year we have to win because if we don't this season..." This might be a better opportunity than others, but thinking there is no margin for error for your team takes years off of your life. There's usually another year...at some point.

Easy for you to say....the life expectancy of OSU fans is 103.......

Ha ha. I wish. Right now the feeling is that Meyer is stocking the players so there will be more shots in the near future. But I remember thinking that several past teams were generational- such as the 96, 98, and 2007, and if we didn't win those years... it could be awhile. It's all about realistic expectations and enjoying the moment. I didn't do that in those days.

Wisky doesn't rebuild just b/c they lose a long-time starting QB, nor does, for that matter, Stanford.

That's the benefit of having a top notch O-line system - which continually churns out good O-linemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT