ADVERTISEMENT

This is why we watch

RhabdoWildcat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
It's been a tough few weeks for me.

My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. If you didn't know, it's one of the deadliest and most don't make it past 2-3 years.

Despite having no connection to the university before I attended, he became a diehard fan afterwards. Our first game was against Kansas at Ryan Field for parents weekend.

We then attended basketball games over the last 2 decades including last years tournament win in Sacramento! What a joy it was to be at the Purple Party and around NU fans.

I'm glad karma gave us this win. He'll need it for the tough battle against f***ing cancer ahead.

Go 'Cats!

p.s. Boo Buie is a DAWG! Or better said he's a WILDCAT!

My best wishes for many, many more great sports and non-sports memories.

“So please, be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium.“

The hoops Cats were a great joy in a really dark part of my life last season. I hope that the Cats continue to perform and that your darkness clears.

Last edited:

My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. If you didn't know, it's one of the deadliest and most don't make it past 2-3 years.

Despite having no connection to the university before I attended, he became a diehard fan afterwards. Our first game was against Kansas at Ryan Field for parents weekend.

We then attended basketball games over the last 2 decades including last years tournament win in Sacramento! What a joy it was to be at the Purple Party and around NU fans.

I'm glad karma gave us this win. He'll need it for the tough battle against f***ing cancer ahead.

Go 'Cats!

Hoping for the best for your dad...pancreatic cancer got my grandfather 30 years ago, and I found out recently it got a college buddy last month, not even 40 years old. Hope he fights like hell.

Will be praying for your dad and your family. I’m glad the Cats gave you this great moment. I’m sure they feel the pressure of our expectations, but I wonder if these 20-something kids in short pants know the joy they give when they exceed them.

Hoping for the best for your dad...pancreatic cancer got my grandfather 30 years ago, and I found out recently it got a college buddy last month, not even 40 years old. Hope he fights like hell.
Sorry to hear your loss. That's so young...

Go 'Cats!

You are so right! My Dad was the Student Manager of the football team in 1939. I don't even know what that means exactly but he got a letter in football. I have the blanket to prove it. He went with the team to the Rose Bowl in 49 on the train as the team Doctor. We had FB and BB season tickets while I was growing up and as he was dying in the 90's watched His Cats go to the Rose Bowl again. Its means so much to me. I went to many BB games with my Dad and he would be jumping out of his skin tonight.

Best wishes for your dad. My mother in law was recently diagnosed with glioblastoma. I share your pain. Hang in there

Reactions: RhabdoWildcat
Cancer stinks. May new treatments offer great hope and help to your dad. One of my best friend’s wife had a virtually incurable cancer two years ago. Her oncologist was shocked when a new treatment completely cured her, not just made her cancer free. Never give up hope.

Go 'Cats!

I feel for you. Therese lost her battle to it (PC) after 21 months. It is an absolutely brutal disease and it is relentless. I know a couple people that have survived it but they are few and far between. Do what you can when you can because you might not get another chance. If you need to talk at some point, just let me know

In the mean time support groups help. PANCAN and if you are in Chicago area , Wellness House has groups for both the people with the disease and those that are left behind. Good luck and my thoughts are with you

Go 'Cats!

I’m sorry to hear about your dad. I’m glad to hear the Cats brought you some relief.

My uncle had PC too and battled it for years. Shoot me a message if you need to chat.

Reactions: RhabdoWildcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT