ADVERTISEMENT

Three things I liked about Pitt

Gladeskat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2004
1) Uncle Sam's cheesesteaks
2) Primanti's of Oakland
3) Szechuan Express (probably gone now)

I carefully Ovoided the "O". Occasionally, I'd hit the Hardee's in the COL, develop gas and share it in the COL elevators.

2) Primanti's of Oakland

I carefully Ovoided the "O". Occasionally, I'd hit the Hardee's in the COL, develop gas and share it in the COL elevators.

I am in Pittsburgh right now and usually get here once a month. I have to say the folks in Pittsburgh are generally some of the nicest people you'll run into anywhere. I've only been to the Prinantis in Market Square and it's a Grabber waiting to happen.

2) Primanti's of Oakland

The Pittsburgh Salad from Primanti Brothers. Best unhealthy healthy food ever invented.

Last edited:
I've only been to the Prinantis in Market Square and it's a Grabber waiting to happen.

The iconic Primanti's is in the Strip District. After a night of "Industrial dancing" at Metropol (think Sprockets), it was great to go to the Strip Primanti's and watch the cooks frenetically serve and banter with a packed house of hungry partiers. I really liked Pittsburgh, and like you stated, the people are great.

Reactions: Piranha
2) Primanti's of Oakland

Also a big fan of Fudgie Wudgie.

The iconic Primanti's is in the Strip District. After a night of "Industrial dancing" at Metropol (think Sprockets), it was great to go to the Strip Primanti's and watch the cooks frenetically serve and banter with a packed house of hungry partiers. I really liked Pittsburgh, and like you stated, the people are great.

The only Primanti's in my mind. For the full experience. Best sandwich in the country. And I am from Philadelphia.

The only Primanti's in my mind. For the full experience. Best sandwich in the country. And I am from Philadelphia.
You're from Philly? I'm from Philly. Actually not, but lived there quite a while and wish I was. Nothing better, though than a Philly Cheesesteak from one of the ancient food trucks. Well, maybe not better than roasted oysters, beer and hush puppies in the South Carolina low country. But that's a discussion for another bowl game.

Reactions: rmndcat

Primanti's is classic Pittsburgh but check out Uncle Sam's in Oakland sometime. Excellent cheesesteaks and other sandwiches.

Reactions: H2P-2007
I am in Pittsburgh right now and usually get here once a month. I have to say the folks in Pittsburgh are generally some of the nicest people you'll run into anywhere. I've only been to the Prinantis in Market Square and it's a Grabber waiting to happen.
Been to NW many times, Godson Nephew went there and Cousin teaches at Medical School. Classy World Wide University and appreciated learning how much Crown contributor so much money. Love the view of Lake Michigan too!

Here is a LINK Prediction on Campus Insiders for NW Posters!
https://campusinsiders.com/news/pit...prediction-pinstripe-bowl-preview-12-04-2016/

I live in Philly too - loved Pittsburgh but Philly definitely fits me better. Not sure if there is a Northwestern Bar in Philly, but Sto's is the Pitt bar and will definitely be showing the game.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT