ADVERTISEMENT

tickets for BB exhibition on 11/2?

Artie M.

Nov 12, 2001
Coming to Chicago for the Notre Dame game, and was hoping to be able to catch the hoops exhibition on that Friday night. I called the NU Ticket Office, and they weren't 100% of how it will be handled, but were pretty sure that season ticket holders will get tickets

How have tickets to exhibition games been handled in the past?

Coming to Chicago for the Notre Dame game, and was hoping to be able to catch the hoops exhibition on that Friday night. I called the NU Ticket Office, and they weren't 100% of how it will be handled, but were pretty sure that season ticket holders will get tickets

Don't know the answer to your question.

As an aside, I am thinking about coming to the Opening real game against New Orleans. Checked stubhub, the cheapest tickets are $30 for the top row in section 219! It will take at least $75 to get into the lower bowl.

Games against American and Binghamton start at $19. Tech starts at $36 and Michigan at $47. No doubt these prices will move as the season gets underway and more tickets become available, but there seems to be some real upward price pressure for the 7,039 seats.....

In the past, season-ticket holders received tickets to the exhibition game along with the rest of the games.

How can anybody sell tickets they don't have?

I've done StubHub quite often, but I usually receive the tickets instantly. Is there an option that allows you to provide seats in the future? Or is that just something you say upfront in your pitch?

How can anybody sell tickets they don't have?

I've done StubHub quite often, but I usually receive the tickets instantly. Is there an option that allows you to provide seats in the future? Or is that just something you say upfront in your pitch?
I think that's one of the benefits of StubHub, you can only sell verified tickets right? And they guarantee them. Unlike doing Craigslist. Still not sure that (at all) justifies the fees SHub charges, but it's something...

But that's my question, Ricko. There are tickets for the upcoming season on StubHub right now. Nobody has tickets, right?

Oh well. Buyer beware.

As for StubHub vs. Craigslist, I haven't sold/bought NU tickets on either in a while. But for other events (mostly Cubs games, some Brewers), the market StubHub is creating makes it much easier to do business on StubHub. I hate the fees also, but transactions happen faster on StubHub. So it becomes a time vs. money thing.

P.S. Did anyone commit yet? Has practice started yet? I'm getting desperate here.

But that's my question, Ricko. There are tickets for the upcoming season on StubHub right now. Nobody has tickets, right?

Oh well. Buyer beware.

As for StubHub vs. Craigslist, I haven't sold/bought NU tickets on either in a while. But for other events (mostly Cubs games, some Brewers), the market StubHub is creating makes it much easier to do business on StubHub. I hate the fees also, but transactions happen faster on StubHub. So it becomes a time vs. money thing.

P.S. Did anyone commit yet? Has practice started yet? I'm getting desperate here.

I bought tickets to two games last year before the buyer had them. The DePaul game and the Lewis game. Seats weren’t listed, but section was. The tics were mailed once the owner had them. Worked out fine for me.

I think stubhub offers a lot of protection to scamming.
didnt NU announce a few months ago that it was integrating tickets with SH in an official partnership where barcodes were given to SH? They do it for football but for some reason I thought basketball was marketed with goldcoast.

Guys, StubHub has been around a long time--long enough to sort out simple issues such as how sell the inventory of a STH before the tickets are actually in hand. Keep in mind that StubHub keeps 10% of the ticket sale from the buy, plus a battery of fees from the buyer, so they have funds to compensate against the 0.1% of transactions that are fraudulent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT