ADVERTISEMENT

Trubisky vs. Thorson

Although I don't think thorsen will forgoe his senior year I think he'll be drafted. He seems to have the physical requirements and I expect him to keep improving. As much hate as Mcall as gotten on this board you can't really argue he's been pretty good at developing qb's. I'm not gonna speculate where he goes I'd like to see how polished thorson becomes. Teams have been known lately to pick a guy way to early because he has the physical qualities of a NFL qb and they hope they can develop them.

The sixth QB picked went in the 4th round I think this year. Seems to me QB is one position that more snaps make you better as long as you are not getting beaten up.
If CT's status remains the same as the article suggests, his decision might have a lot to do with his opinion of the 2018 OL.

The sixth QB picked went in the 4th round I think this year. Seems to me QB is one position that more snaps make you better as long as you are not getting beaten up.
If CT's status remains the same as the article suggests, his decision might have a lot to do with his opinion of the 2018 OL.

I recall a study that was published that said something like "30 and 30" was a key for predicting an NFL career for a QB. It said the combination of 30 college starts and 30 TD passes correlated with making an NFL roster. CT certainly should tick the "30 and 30" box.

Did Thorson hurt his shoulder in the Pinstripe Bowl ? He was throwing 'balloons" at the end of the game

I recall a study that was published that said something like "30 and 30" was a key for predicting an NFL career for a QB. It said the combination of 30 college starts and 30 TD passes correlated with making an NFL roster. CT certainly should tick the "30 and 30" box.
He must have 28 starts now right" and maybe 30 TDs?
I really don't want him leave early, I'm too selfish and I don't see a replacement on the roster.

Thorson does not have the accuracy. Trubisky doesn't just complete passes, he puts them on the hands.

That said, Thorson is a better size and athlete for that size.

Josh Allen is a very good "prospect" but still raw. Cannon arm, athletic, etc... But he's not as refined as one would like. This will be a telling season for him, because he'll need some polish. He lost his top three targets (Bears signee Tanner Gentry being one), his stud center, and his bell-cow back (Falcons pick Brian Hill). And Wyoming's schedule is tougher than last by a good deal.

You're going to eat those words. Badly.

Thorson has improved, but you can bet the farm that he's not going to be the top ranked college QB next year or a 1st round draft pick.

FYI:
Tribisky: 4722 yards, 41 TD passes, QBR 157.5
Thorson 3182 yards, 22 TD passes, QBR 125.0

Thorson has improved, but you can bet the farm that he's not going to be the top ranked college QB next year or a 1st round draft pick.

FYI:

Uh, he wouldn't have been this year, but you're already writing off next year without even a snap being taken? It's going to be a long, boring offseason for you. I would rather dream of CT having a huge season and having to decide whether to go early or not.

FYI:

That disproves... nothing.

Uh, he wouldn't have been this year, but you're already writing off next year without even a snap being taken? It's going to be a long, boring offseason for you. I would rather dream of CT having a huge season and having to decide whether to go early or not.

Trolls gonna troll.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of 40 time would Thorson have now? I hope I'm not opening up a How Much Does Ifeadi Weigh rat hole, but I noticed that Trubisky ran a 4.67 at the Pro Day. Gotta believe that Clayton is faster in a straight line. Take it away, guys...!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of 40 time would Thorson have now? I hope I'm not opening up a How Much Does Ifeadi Weigh rat hole, but I noticed that Trubisky ran a 4.67 at the Pro Day. Gotta believe that Clayton is faster in a straight line. Take it away, guys...!

Probably very similar time for Thorson. That is a great time for a QB.

Probably very similar time for Thorson. That is a great time for a QB.

Agree... Thorson may even be a touch faster on a straight line (wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit better on the explosive drills as well; a 27.5-inch vertical for Trubisky is frankly pretty poor and a 116-inch broad jump isn't much better), but might struggle a bit on the change-of-direction drills.

I think Thorson may have sub-4.6 speed, especially if he runs like he did against Stanford on his TD run. He could be our fastest QB since Trevor ran his self-reported, and now legendary, 4.3.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
I think Thorson will stay for his senior year. I truly believe he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick. Trevor broke the stigma. Clayton will be special!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT