ADVERTISEMENT

Turk's Post Duke "Top 22" Player Rankings

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
Most Valuable Players on the Team

1 AWalk Think National Defensive Player of the Year. Casey Dailey established a high bar for season TFL (26 in 96). Awalk may actually break that single season mark but will certainly break the all time TFL mark here.

2. J Jackson. Hopefully limit his carries against Ball St.

3 Lowry

4 Van Hoose

5 Godwin I (Big Jump up in ratings)

6 Harris

7 Gibson (Big jump up)

8 Mitchell (Yes the FG kicker. He will be even more important this year)
All he does is win games for us

9 Henry (Yes, I know, 4 DB's in top 9 but go figure)

10 Smith

11 Vitale [I liked his blocking better than his catching. But still a noticeable drop down the rankings. We have to find a way with him]

12 IO Starting to play on any down and looking great. Upward from here.

13. Christian Jones. Just doesn't get many opportunities with CT

14. Long

15 Lancaster

16 Vault

17 Watkins

18 Mogus

19 Kyle Q

20 Prater

21 Kuhar [will be going up in ratings I'm sure]

22 Robbins

On the bubble: G Dickerson, Park, Shuler,

Most Valuable Players on the Team

1 AWalk Think National Defensive Player of the Year. Casey Dailey established a high bar for season TFL (26 in 96). Awalk may actually break that single season mark but will certainly break the all time TFL mark here.

2. J Jackson. Hopefully limit his carries against Ball St.

3 Lowry

4 Van Hoose

5 Godwin I (Big Jump up in ratings)

6 Harris

7 Gibson (Big jump up)

8 Mitchell (Yes the FG kicker. He will be even more important this year)
All he does is win games for us

9 Henry (Yes, I know, 4 DB's in top 9 but go figure)

10 Smith

11 Vitale [I liked his blocking better than his catching. But still a noticeable drop down the rankings. We have to find a way with him]

12 IO Starting to play on any down and looking great. Upward from here.

13. Christian Jones. Just doesn't get many opportunities with CT

14. Long

15 Lancaster

16 Vault

17 Watkins

18 Mogus

19 Kyle Q

20 Prater

21 Kuhar [will be going up in ratings I'm sure]

22 Robbins

On the bubble: G Dickerson, Park, Shuler,
Re: Vitale
I fullback is a dead position and all, but he seems to have really stepped up his game as a lead blocker. He got a great seal on Long's run, and led Thorson nicely on that QB sweep v. Duke.

He's a good-not-great receiver who doesn't have much YAC in his non-shovel pass game, and I don't think he ever lines up as a true tight end, but I wonder if there's at least a place in an NFL camp for him as a fullback/h-back/special teams guy.

His game will, I imagine, be more blocking oriented this year than it has been in the past.

Re: Vitale
I fullback is a dead position and all, but he seems to have really stepped up his game as a lead blocker. He got a great seal on Long's run, and led Thorson nicely on that QB sweep v. Duke.

He's a good-not-great receiver who doesn't have much YAC in his non-shovel pass game, and I don't think he ever lines up as a true tight end, but I wonder if there's at least a place in an NFL camp for him as a fullback/h-back/special teams guy.

His game will, I imagine, be more blocking oriented this year than it has been in the past.
The only possible position for him on offense in the nfl, it seems to me, is fullback. He has the jets and template for LB though.
That said, it appeared to me that Little Vitale (sorta like little italy) made that block to spring Long...no?

The only possible position for him on offense in the nfl, it seems to me, is fullback. He has the jets and template for LB though.
That said, it appeared to me that Little Vitale (sorta like little italy) made that block to spring Long...no?

No.

I fully support 'Little Vitale', when it comes to it.

But it was #40 on Long's run.

I think big Vitale has more to give than we are asking. I think McCall ought to ask for more. It seems to me that we need other players in the offensive mix as well. I cant explain why we insist on 4 wide outs, and leave vitale dickerson vault anderson long standing on the sidelines while nagel carr wilson scanlon are in. Nothing against those fine players but we have no offense but plenty of "Top" players standing on the sidelines and should be getting more PT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT