ADVERTISEMENT

Uh - anybody catch any of the Duke-Baylor game?

Smokejumper

Gold Member
Apr 7, 2002
I don't know how good Baylor is supposed to be, but they certainly have gotten their fair share of highly touted recruits out of TX.

Turns out their OL, RB and QB are getting manhandled by the Dukie D. Much in the same way our boys seemed overmatched. And the Baylor team seems to be regressing big time like they have given up and its starting to turn ugly. Maybe that is also in part due to the Duke D playing more aggressively with what seems like an insurmountable lead in hand...

Any any rate, maybe we should all take a deep breath and acknowledge that maybe Duke has a special defensive front 7 on their hands, despite the youth. And while we are at it, give some credit to our boys in purple who battled throughout the whole game, despite the lopsided score.

Just sayin...

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I don't know how good Baylor is supposed to be, but they certainly have gotten their fair share of highly touted recruits out of TX.

Turns out their OL, RB and QB are getting manhandled by the Dukie D. Much in the same way our boys seemed overmatched. And the Baylor team seems to be regressing big time like they have given up and its starting to turn ugly. Maybe that is also in part due to the Duke D playing more aggressively with what seems like an insurmountable lead in hand...

Any any rate, maybe we should all take a deep breath and acknowledge that maybe Duke has a special defensive front 7 on their hands, despite the youth. And while we are at it, give some credit to our boys in purple who battled throughout the whole game, despite the lopsided score.

Just sayin...

And OMG, i just saw the most ridiculous non-targeting call where Jones was in the process of sliding and 2 baylor players hit the QB in the helmet, one clearly leading with the crown, and they didn't call targeting, and im not even sure they called a penalty.... WTF

Baylor is not good this year. They lost their first game at home to FCS Liberty, and then lost again at home to Texas San Antonio. The fact that they kept the score closer than NU did doesn't bode well for the Cats.

Reactions: rmndcat
Baylor is not good this year. They lost their first game at home to FCS Liberty, and then lost again at home to Texas San Antonio. The fact that they kept the score closer than NU did doesn't bode well for the Cats.

Just looking at the score means absolutely nothing. It doesn't really mean anything as it relates to NU.

The fact is that Baylor is terrible this year and besides a couple long TD plays, they were really dominated by Duke on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I only caught a couple highlights, but thought similarly: I think Duke passes the eyeball test.

Another tough game to gauge how good you are, as Baylor has a good shot at not winning a game thus season. Total dumpster fire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT