ADVERTISEMENT

Unsung heroes

Jared McGee. Scoops up that wet slippery pigskin and takes it 82 yards to the house. Turning point of the game.

Chris Bergin had a stellar game, 2nd on the team with 8 tackles.

2 TD's for Riley Lees. Was superb running the Wildcat.

Trae Williams forced the second fumble.

Reactions: ricko654321
Jared McGee. Scoops up that wet slippery pigskin and takes it 82 yards to the house. Turning point of the game.

Lees also had a sweet block on the play right before his TD reception. Glad he was rewarded.

RCB. Did he miss a pass all year? Excellent long run after catch

McGowan, what a talent .Will only get better

OL, mauled vaunted UT D in 2nd half

I could list most of the D but they are not unsung

Great plays by those guys and thrilled to have them, but those may continue being back ups next year. Less a statement on them versus who is coming in.

Great plays by those guys and thrilled to have them, but those may continue being back ups next year. Less a statement on them versus who is coming in.

Yes.

If GHP and Kirtz work diligently with the tennis ball machine in the off season, the sky's the limit for them. ;)

But I agree, the goal is to always try to recruit better players than who you have. We're headed in that direction.

I have no data to back this up except for the eyeball test, but I would estimate that RCB has the highest percentage of first downs and lowest percentage of the drops on the team

McGowan has the second-highest yards-per-catch on the team, just behind Jefferson

If the new guys are that good I'm very excited for them to join the team

Lees looks poised to have a big year in 2019. McGowan, Jefferson, RCB, James have all had their moments and any or all could be big time pieces next season. I'm probably forgetting some in addition. I think the WR room next season will be about as good as we've had at NU since 1995. Will they look noticeably different against the Buckeyes or other top talent programs? Perhaps not, but I'm excited to find out.

Lees looks poised to have a big year in 2019. McGowan, Jefferson, RCB, James have all had their moments and any or all could be big time pieces next season. I'm probably forgetting some in addition. I think the WR room next season will be about as good as we've had at NU since 1995. Will they look noticeably different against the Buckeyes or other top talent programs? Perhaps not, but I'm excited to find out.

Our returning WRs are much better playmakers than many give them credit for. If Johnson is as advertised, look out!

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

Think we'll see lots of McGee at LB next season. Also always liked Lees and have advocated that he run the Wildcat but one of our experts said his size was against him. Guess not.

Skowronek!!!!

Think we'll see lots of McGee at LB next season. Also always liked Lees and have advocated that he run the Wildcat but one of our experts said his size was against him. Guess not.

McGee has exhausted his eligibility.

The guys we have returning at WR are solid and really stepped up. However, the new frosh will provide some length and wingspan as most of the guys mentioned are a bit short and seems like for certain type of fade/jump ball throws it was more difficult for Thorson to drop it in, like when a fade was just above the DBs fingertips but just beyond Jefferson or Vault’s fingertips.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT